Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
This is my Roberts light tourer, near the top of The Stang at the border between North Yorkshire and County Durham on Tuesday:

tn_IMG_1770_zps53201762.jpg

tn_IMG_1776_zps34f8a269.jpg

And on Arran during LEJOG last year:

tn_IMG_1474_zpsd5fc2728.jpg

P.H

Über Member
New toy, well the frameset is new, everything else has been swapped off another bike. Imported from the US, even with the duty and VAT it was a good saving on UK prices.
SOMA ES, the ES stands for Extra Smooth and on the basis of a 30 mile shakedown ride today it is just that.
Built up with 9 speed mix and match Campag, there's 5 groupsets in the mix! Plus brakes and pedals from Shimano, it's a confused bike.
Excuse the Looong steerer, I've not made my mind up yet where to cut it, 15mm lower would be ideal for riding on the hoods, but leaving it where it is now would make using the drops for extended periods more likely. I'll do a couple of thousand miles before I get the hacksaw out.
8603003921_ba9cc954a5_b.jpg

Firstly, that's lovely...
Thanks.
secondly, I'm off to the optician cause I can't see how it's held upright.
:surrender:
Hee, hee. It is held up with a couple of sticks under the far pedal. I then photoshopped them out of existence!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Here's the pic I did for another thread before a few mins of Photoshop cloning.

View attachment 21414
It's a lovely looking bike, that - simple, smooth lines. Did you collect it or have it delivered? I got a Cheviot SE last year but couldn't do the 200-mile round trip to collect so it arrived in a box and it was set up so beautifully I didn't even want to change anything at all for the first 1000 miles.

Top Bottom