Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
Recently refurbished this 1977 Raleigh Supecourse and built it up as a fixed

8557315488_c2aecb9153.jpg

swislon

Über Member
New toy, well the frameset is new, everything else has been swapped off another bike. Imported from the US, even with the duty and VAT it was a good saving on UK prices.
SOMA ES, the ES stands for Extra Smooth and on the basis of a 30 mile shakedown ride today it is just that.
Built up with 9 speed mix and match Campag, there's 5 groupsets in the mix! Plus brakes and pedals from Shimano, it's a confused bike.
Excuse the Looong steerer, I've not made my mind up yet where to cut it, 15mm lower would be ideal for riding on the hoods, but leaving it where it is now would make using the drops for extended periods more likely. I'll do a couple of thousand miles before I get the hacksaw out.
8603003921_ba9cc954a5_b.jpg
Hi PH, I really like the look of your Soma ES, how do you like it now you've had it a few months? Steve

P.H

Über Member
Hi PH, I really like the look of your Soma ES, how do you like it now you've had it a few months? Steve
Hi Steve, could I answer that in a couple of weeks? I've put a few hundred miles in on it, but all quite short. I'm planning to use it for a couple of Audax next, a 200 and a 400, then I'll be happy to tell just if and how I like it.

swislon

Über Member
Hi Steve, could I answer that in a couple of weeks? I've put a few hundred miles in on it, but all quite short. I'm planning to use it for a couple of Audax next, a 200 and a 400, then I'll be happy to tell just if and how I like it.
No problem PH, you'll have a better idea after those kind of rides!

JordanCarroll

Thanks, I love it.

Although nowadays I'm not so happy, I have a niggling feeling that the steep 76 degree seat tube coupled with the brooks saddle (with their notoriously short rails) has placed me too forward on the bike. Having trouble with anterior knee pain, which can be caused by having your seat too far forward...

Top Bottom