Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IncoherentJeff

BSD4UxBCMAA0XOJ.jpg:large

The Motobecane Concorde rides again!
Absolutely gutted she's too big for me, went for a 15 mile test ride around London on Saturday great fun (once I remembered to stop on my tip-toes! :laugh:).

If anyone has one with a frame smaller than this monster 24" frame... name your price :becool:

Teuchter

Über Member
Strange (to me at least) seeing a chain guard like that on a bike with derailleur gears. I presume it doesn't clash though.

IncoherentJeff

Strange (to me at least) seeing a chain guard like that on a bike with derailleur gears. I presume it doesn't clash though.

I thought so too when I collected the bike.
It's a 5 speed. One sprocket at the front, 5 at the rear with a Sachs-Huret Commander indexed system.
Quite smooth shifting I've had it up and down through the gears no problems. :smile:

carlton88

Guru
A chum visited for a few days and we enjoyed some pleasant outings on the Carltons. Hope you can stand another snap of them.
I bet someone will know where this pic was taken.

DSC02007_zps7cdbca73.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A chum visited for a few days and we enjoyed some pleasant outings on the Carltons. Hope you can stand another snap of them.

What are those flat bars called? I bought a bike recently with a similar pair and bar end shifters.

carlton88

Guru
North Road Bars. The owner maybe here soon to comment.

My friend Carlton 88 is correct.

This is my bike, and the bars are one of the various similar shapes called North Road bars.

I never could cope well with the full-on drop bars, but the Carlton looked very wrong with a modern flat bar, and so I did some research ...

They look well on a classical English frame, are comfortable and give superb control, though a slightly higher rider stance than drops as a rule. Good for older cyclists like me, and yet they are quite narrow and you can crouch down for a low wind resistance. I have the gears on the down-tube and the brakes fall to the hands very nicely, and allow for all the stopping power you could want on old style callipers, compared to riding on the hoods!

I like them. Not everyone would though ...

ATBfrom George

DSC02007_zps7cdbca73.jpg

can I guess Cromer?

that glass tower is the Cromer RNLI museum I think. the pier is in the background?

do I win a prize? a dressed crab will do nicely :hungry:

Yes, Cromer! They do a nice sandwich and cup of tea up in Morrisons!

The two cycles shown are the same frame, same size, and mine is a few years older, but much altered from original. When I was given the cycle - about five years ago - it was borderline derelict, but looked just like Carlton 88's one less some chrome plate.

We had a nice few days of ambling about on the beautiful quiet lanes of Norfolk, and hills that are like nothing we have in Herefordshire and Worcestershire!

A strange thing about these two cycles is that in the right wind their front forks sing a beautiful little note, and this note is exactly in tune between the bikes!

ATB from George

Dan B

Disengaged member
Winter commuter/pub bike, been riding for two weeks but still testing. Can't put handlebar tape on it until I've figured out where the creaking noise is coming from. And it needs a rear rack

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379196830168.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379196830168.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 75
Top Bottom