Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
this is my current wet weather commuter

pollard6.JPG

Goldie

Über Member
1997 Peugeot Team Line 2000 - 60cm

Columbus Genius tubing and Campy 8 speed. Wheels have been swopped for silver DP18s.

Currently being used for commuting duties, but not for much longer.

6191663866_56b62342ef.jpg
Do you ride down Brooklands Road weekday mornings? I see a cracking Peugeot on there that's very like yours. :smile:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Do you ride down Brooklands Road weekday mornings? I see a cracking Peugeot on there that's very like yours. :smile:

Yes, that's me (I can't imagine there's too many bikes like mine in the UK) - "Hello". What are you riding? Give me a wave!

Photo0003.jpg Photo0005.jpg Photo0006.jpg Photo0007.jpg Photo0008.jpg Photo0009.jpg Photo0011.jpg Photo0012.jpg Photo0013.jpg Photo0014.jpg just been asked by a friends mum if i know anyone who might like to buy this mixte puegot and restore it , im tempted but it may be a bit too much work for me .its all origonal and hasnt been touched for years

Last edited:
Just a late addition to the thread.
Here's my Carlton Kermesse, Currently languishing in the shed after the 'head on' episode. But hopefully making a return to tarmac soon...

Brilliant Selle Italia SL saddle BTW.
(Sorry about the saddlebag by the way! Ugly looking spud!).

IMAG0156.jpg

And that's the front wheel of my Raleigh Merlin. In need of TLC, new cranks and cotterpins.
Maybe a pic of that later.

goody

Veteran
20131010_005539.jpg

Aravis 631 frame secondhand from ebay also sold by Hewitt and Pearsons so guessing it's made in some far eastern factory and stickered up as per the customers specs.
Stripped using a blowtorch and wire brush (Nitromors didn't touch the original paint) and primed and given a couple of coats of satin black.
Frame weighs 2kg (didn't weight the forks guessing 1kg) going to put most of the bits from my commuter onto this. will be used for commuting, audax, light touring and hoping it will give a more comfortable ride than my current alu bike. Maybe any improvements will be phsycological doesn't really matter if it doesn't work out then I'll start saving for some Ti. So far it's cost me £140 hopefully will recoup some of that when I sell the current frame and fork.

Last edited:
Top Bottom