Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

DSC01432cc.jpg

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Latest incarnation of the mudshark with 180mm XTR cranks (not sure) and a narrow gauge front end.
20140919_083449.jpg

I have Weinmann pads
They are probably original to the bike, so they're very old, probably gone hard and not very effective. New pads will improve performance noticeably.

Are you saying to change the caliper? I like the brake as it's nice and small
Yup, but just the CALIPER not the LEVER. The old Weinmann calipers are not very effective compared to modern jobbies, and as your only running one brake you really want to know it's a good 'un ;)

FWIW I always ran both brakes on fixed as well. Very rarely used the rear TBH but knowing it was there always gave me more confidence for those just in case moments :becool:

Have you been out on the Record sprint much?
Not really TBH, but I'm not getting out much at all anyway either :sad:

The short rides I have done have impressed me though as the bike rides super smooth :biggrin:

Sadly though it's also now up for sale as well. Reasons being time constraints and Christmas not being far away as well :sad:

I don't mind if it doesn't sell TBH, at least I can tell SWMBO that I tried ;)

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Not really TBH, but I'm not getting out much at all anyway either :sad:

The short rides I have done have impressed me though as the bike rides super smooth :biggrin:

Sadly though it's also now up for sale as well. Reasons being time constraints and Christmas not being far away as well :sad:

I don't mind if it doesn't sell TBH, at least I can tell SWMBO that I tried ;)
I was looking for a Record Sprint (before I bought the Kellogg's), bought one new in '87, thought it was the dogs dangley's :wub:

IncoherentJeff

Here's my 1985 Fuji Allegro
Japanese made Valite 414 frame, found an ad saying it was $239.95 in Sept 1985 ( http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...b8zAAAAIBAJ&sjid=w-UFAAAAIBAJ&pg=6553,1311162)

Bought it about 6 months ago, completely original except it had no wheels. So I've bought some new bar tape, brake levers, brake cables and some second hand wheels. Therefore it's a 10 speed rather than the 12 speed it would've been originally.
DSCF1937_zps36bbfb6e.jpg

The stem shifters are taking abit of getting used to, still occasionally reach down for a downtube shifter. :laugh:
A few paint chips, the decals have seen better days and the chrome is peeling off the Sugino cranks but I love it. Not sure whether to keep the patina or remove the flaking chrome & polish the cranks. Hmm to SPD or not SPD that is the question.

Last edited:
Here's my new beauty.

2014-09-20 11.56.57.jpg

She's still being kept with the LBS at the minute, while they tinker with the mods I'd like. Nothing garish, but SPD's, full metal guards, pannier rack and different tyres (Gatorskins), plus they'll be adding a high pressure pump, so I can swap my saddle bag off my MTB to this and simply add the right inner tubes to the bag when going out. :smile:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Here's my 1985 Fuji Allegro
Japanese made Valite 414 frame, found an ad saying it was $239.95 in Sept 1985 ( http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...b8zAAAAIBAJ&sjid=w-UFAAAAIBAJ&pg=6553,1311162)

Bought it about 6 months ago, completely original except it had no wheels. So I've bought some new bar tape, brake levers, brake cables and some second hand wheels. Therefore it's a 10 speed rather than the 12 speed it would've been originally.
DSCF1937_zps36bbfb6e.jpg

The stem shifters are taking abit of getting used to, still occasionally reach down for a downtube shifter. :laugh:
A few paint chips, the decals have seen better days and the chrome is peeling off the Sugino cranks but I love it. Not sure whether to keep the patina or remove the flaking chrome & polish the cranks. Hmm to SPD or not SPD that is the question.
Very nice. We seem to get quite a few of these down here. Has yours got the two spare spokes clipped to the chain stays? Unfortunately MTBs are more popular here so people don't seem to want sports bikes. Recently bought a lovely Bianchi which I've posted below.

Top Bottom