Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
nice bike and well done with the extra contribution. :bravo:

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
The non-drive side of my 1958 Carlton Constellation.
PA310288_zps59da6c27.jpg

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Flippin' 'eck... what's with all the spacers?
Dunno Ian. Not clever enough to understand these things really. What I do know is, it seems to fit me perfectly and it's extremely comfortable to ride so I can only guess it's a case of function over form eh?
Anyoldhow, I quite like the slightly quirky look. I gather it's a bit of a Thorn feature.
Cheers.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Dunno Ian. Not clever enough to understand these things really. What I do know is, it seems to fit me perfectly and it's extremely comfortable to ride so I can only guess it's a case of function over form eh?
Anyoldhow, I quite like the slightly quirky look.
Cheers.

Sorry, no disrespect meant. I have seen other Thorn's with lot's of spacers.. but your's tops the lot.
If it's extremely comfortable for you to ride, then that's all that matters.

BarryD

Hi guys,
Here's my steely stan pike 531. I'm actually going to sell it - I love my lynskey sportive more :'(

What is a reasonable price would you say?

It's got a new Chorus chainset, chain, veloce cassette. 2003 chorus shifters, campy hubs with newish open-pro rims. Brand new Brooks titanium swift saddle. Cinelli bars and campy daytona mechs and brakes.

What are your thoughts? There are 13 more pics - just click it.

14689405295_975243ebe8.jpg
Still for sale?

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Hmmm...

Not sure how this will fit in with all these retro beauties, but here goes...

First decent ride out today...

awol2_zpsda8c2ea0.jpg

I cant get over how quiet this thing is. Im sure if it had slicks it would be close to silent... except uphill. The bikes still quiet but I make a fair bit of noise, she is a bit hefty!*

I love the sound of my Roubaix with Zipps "Zimmming" along, but this silent thing is good too! Is it normal for steel to be a quiet ride?

*I should also add... Im a bit hefty too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom