Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rafferty

Birthday present from my wife back in January, lucky me ^_^ 1977 Peugeot PRN10E - Now up and running following a few replacement parts from Belgium and the USA. Rides like a dream, though brakes were clearly a bit cr*p back in the 70's !! After a few weekends riding this I jumped back on a modern bike and first time I pulled the brakes nearly flew over the handle bars, LOL!
View attachment 81311
French threads and tube diameters, as well as brakes that require an extra 50 metres to bring you to a halt, remind me of an old Peugeot I used to have. Carbolite tubing is very heavy and unforgiving. What has yours got?

Goldie

Über Member
Birthday present from my wife back in January, lucky me ^_^ 1977 Peugeot PRN10E - Now up and running following a few replacement parts from Belgium and the USA. Rides like a dream, though brakes were clearly a bit cr*p back in the 70's !! After a few weekends riding this I jumped back on a modern bike and first time I pulled the brakes nearly flew over the handle bars, LOL!
View attachment 81311

Lovely Pug. Fully loaded with Simplex too. And I know exactly what you mean about the brakes - that feeling of squeezing hard on the brake levers with the back end of a bus or something getting bigger by the second, and having to wait for the brakes to finish their fag break and report for duty before any slowing happens :ohmy:

Jamieyorky

Veteran
DSC_0244.JPG

Latest edition to the family. A Raleigh Superbe

Last edited:

lesley_x

Über Member
My next bike. (Not this ACTUAL bike you understand).

My first bike... since a Viking something or other when I was a teenager in the early '80s.
I love it, I'm using it to commute and do extra miles at the weekend. I can't wait until the conditions get better and I can get the mudguards off so it looks like that again.
I liked the 2014 one so much I asked the LBS to source me one instead of the 2015 which was the model they were selling. It's something about the black and brown together.

The black and brown, while I've always liked it, wasn't my first choice but I have fallen in love with it and I'm so glad I got it. I'm also really glad I got it almost half price ^_^ I also, thankfully, get on fine with the saddle so don't have to change that.

My road bike is aluminium and I always wanted to 'upgrade' it to carbon. Now, I think I would go for a nice steel road bike rather than carbon when/if I replace my Secteur. I am that much in love with it. It just gives you confidence. A couple of weeks ago I had a day off, with no commitments and cycled to Loch Lomond because I could. I normally never go that far on my own. But I just packed up a pannier and off I went. It's just awesome!

Saw this on eBay, went to look at it, made an offer, accepted. Not in the best condition, I built a new front wheel, new bearings in rear, tightened bottom bracket, replaced chainring, rear sprocket and chain and touched up paint work. Still a few minor bits to replace. Test ridden today.
D692CEAC-6A6D-4F99-9DE5-CDC918CC0F7D_zps9mwtqhdu.jpg

Top Bottom