Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father

BigAl68

Über Member
I had to wait at the LBS as my parcel at the GPO wasn't ready and ended up buying these. Cotton is real.
DSC_1255.JPG

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Saw this on eBay, went to look at it, made an offer, accepted. Not in the best condition, I built a new front wheel, new bearings in rear, tightened bottom bracket, replaced chainring, rear sprocket and chain and touched up paint work. Still a few minor bits to replace. Test ridden today.
D692CEAC-6A6D-4F99-9DE5-CDC918CC0F7D_zps9mwtqhdu.jpg
Damn that's nice! Coincidently just back from Rourke's today .... nice bunch.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
IMG_1345.JPG

It is extremely beautiful, working on it has been a pleasure, riding it even better. I have never been to their shop but will do so now as we pass near to there on the way to Cheshire and the outlaws.
It's worth it, they have a lot of nice but different stuff on any given day. Lot of memorabilia on the walls of the bar. They are just building a training bike for Jason Kenny and a refurb on Laura Trotts track bike at the mo.

IMG_0041.JPG

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
View attachment 54475 Just collected this last Friday - bought the frame & components seperately and had my lbs build it for me. I make no apologies for the mix of old-style frame (bought brand new) with new-style components - I still think it looks stunning & it goes as well as it looks. I sold a full carbon Cube Agree GTC Race to part-fund this latest bike, and can now see why steel bikes have their fans!
Really nice looking bike.:okay:

Gatters

any old iron any old iron any any any old iron ?
Heres my Frank Herety bike, I found this frame put out with the bins for collection!!!! Ok so it had had a chisel through the seat tube (frozen seatpost)...and a broken dropout so it cost me a few bob to get it nice again but this one was definitely worth saving eh?

Has SR stem, bars and seatpost, mavic MA2 rims and all the rest is Shimano 105 which is damn good quality stuff for the money IMO

100_3304_zps6031a503.jpg

100_3305_zpscc16ef94.jpg

100_3306_zpsdca158d1.jpg
More old iron, :smile:

just bought another with an idea it'll take up some commuting duties,. it's a bit rough round the edges but has some nice features

100_3372_zpsfr7th6ja.jpg

100_3370_zpsjrxrmht1.jpg

100_3366_zpso13yrsv6.jpg

100_3368_zpsjjzr4djf.jpg

100_3373_zps7walhz8i.jpg

Top Bottom