Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
IMG_2594.JPG

My 1992 Peugeot '525 Comp'. Original condition except brake levers, chainrings, saddle, and bar tape!
(edit - and the new bottle cage on the seat-tube)

Last edited:

theloafer

Legendary Member
upgraded the tourer ready for my JOGLE went for the full works ^_^ was 44-34-22 / 13-15-17-20-23-26-30 changed now too 44-34-22/ 11-13-15-17-19-21-23-25-28 32 (old legs need a bit help):whistle: 105 shifters/front mech and rear mech xt deore chainset and chain and mavic wheels A139 deore hubs 36 spoked f/r just wish it was not raining itching to take her out...^_^^_^

WP_20150425_009.jpg

Last edited:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
2015-01-04 16.12.29.jpg

My steelie - now complete. Pic taken during cable cutting. Now with red bar tape.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Here's my geared mid/late 80's Denti, decals say a Road Tech 5. I've never seen another one. Bought the frame 6 years ago, its Columbus SL and is the comfiest road bike I've ever ridden, but is fast and begs to go faster. I built it up with modern kit, 20 speed Campag. Its worn through a set of Fulcrum 3's, now on 5's, outlived an ITM fork that had worn a dangerous groove in the steerer caused by me not changing the worn headset in time, a snapped Cinelli Ram bar, a snapped record seatpost, I've re-built the right shifter and been through the usual cassettes, chains and tyres. Its no light weight at a shade under 9kg but I've dont about 25,000 miles on it. It was my first geared road bike, we've bonded and I absolutely love it and will never sell it. I recently managed to buy some blue team Denti bibs and jersey from Italy on Ebay, horrah in large too, not the usual hobbit size ones I've seen in the past. So I'm now a shameful full kit winker;)
P1020063%20Large_zpsmaa4tvqh.jpg

Attachments

• P1020063%20Large_zpsmaa4tvqh.jpg
    P1020063%20Large_zpsmaa4tvqh.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 43
Here is my renovated and upgraded 90's road bike. It has Reynolds 531c tubes and was originally a "Nigel Dean". The frame was in a bit of a state with plenty of surface rust and some putting. Rode it around for a bit in its original state with 14 gears and 105 groupset. Loved the frame but not the parts. So decided on the upgrades.

The frame was stripped of parts and sent to No Quarter Paint in Leicester. They worked their magic by removing all rest and original paint. Took a while but I also had the rear spacing cold set to 130mm.

On its return, I decided to keep to 105 so had modern Silver 5800 11 speed fitted. Had new headset, step and bars fitted as well. Then finally put in some mavic kysirium elite because the original had mavic rims and they are black and silver to match the build.

Been riding it now for a couple of weeks. Compared to my alley framed road bike she is comfortable and fast. Handles well and corners like she is on rails. I can now carry more speed through corners than before. Gave a few members of my club a shock when I could keep up easily with them on their modern carbon frames.

IMAG0256.jpg
I'm made up with end result and glad I did it. ^_^

Top Bottom