Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
mn7zlBG.jpg
@fossala i have always wanted to try a trike , and that looks good

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very nice, been thinking of one myself to replace my current (heavy) Kentex.

ChrisEyles

Guru
I like that Aende a lot! Interesting to see it has canti brakes rather than calipers - was it a light touring model (the triple crankset would also suggest this)? A light tourer classic steel framed bike is about as good as it gets for me :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's a gorgeous looking bike @Cyclist33

Only just seen this, I was leading a ride many years ago from the Mildenhall Rally and George and his wife [I thought it was his daughter at first!] was present on a trike very similar to yours. I remember him cursing as he followed me down a hill with a sharp bend which they nearly didn't get round, but on the same ride he remarked that he was having a "magic moment", presumably because the sun was shining and we were tootling along with the wind behind on a lovely country lane.
The other occasion, again at the rally was when we "borrowed" a demonstration tandem 2 wheeled recumbent where the stoker [me] faced backwards while George steered very odd, but we had a lot of fun and kept it for too long. Sadly George died the following year, it was a privilege to know him.
Look after it, they don't come any better.

Last edited:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I finallly built up the Rourke from a few pages ago and have just been for his first shakedown. Meet Brian, he's got more spangly silverness than Freddie Mercury in his pomp. And he is rapid, super tight wheel clearances, the25's just fit at the back and wont take bigger. I wanted full silver 32 spoke wheels but couldnt afford it just yet, so just got some de-stickered Vento's for now but still looks pretty badass. I'm waiting for some new cycle shoes so white Look spd-sl's will be going on soon. It changes direction like a Tron bike, even with the noodly quill stem. Much less flex than my Columbus SL Denti, dont think its 531,quite a bit lighter than the SLX Simoncini, may even be 853. And crikey he's bloody hansome. Rubbish photo still not captured the sparkle, but I'm well pleased with it and hope to put some serious miles on it this week on one of the less scorchio days.
P1020172 (Large).JPG

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've got some of those on my single speed. Good pedals but I have a stack of Look's to try and as its a full Campag build my inner tart could'nt bring myself to shod it with Japanese hooves.^_^
Good luck with the 'Bambi on ice' impersonations. :whistle:
My 653 TT frame (unknown builder, no serial No. or badges/decals) was built up all Campagnolo when I did it but I still put a pair of those on. :becool:

Cyclist33

I finallly built up the Rourke from a few pages ago and have just been for his first shakedown. Meet Brian, he's got more spangly silverness than Freddie Mercury in his pomp. And he is rapid, super tight wheel clearances, the25's just fit at the back and wont take bigger. I wanted full silver 32 spoke wheels but couldnt afford it just yet, so just got some de-stickered Vento's for now but still looks pretty badass. I'm waiting for some new cycle shoes so white Look spd-sl's will be going on soon. It changes direction like a Tron bike, even with the noodly quill stem. Much less flex than my Columbus SL Denti, dont think its 531,quite a bit lighter than the SLX Simoncini, may even be 853. And crikey he's bloody hansome. Rubbish photo still not captured the sparkle, but I'm well pleased with it and hope to put some serious miles on it this week on one of the less scorchio days. View attachment 93890

I am in love with that bike. Absolutely beautiful!

Top Bottom