Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatjel

Veteran
@bonsaibilly I've had it a month or so now.
Was a great bike as it came I did a couple of Audaxes on it already
But with the mods it is just awesome.
I think I can safely say I'm in love with it

Yeah mine is the one I go-to more often than not. It is a lot of fun to ride. Just been treated to a brand new set of Fulcrum wheels because I've been running it on an old pair ever since I got it. Hasn't made any difference to the ride although it looks prettier! BB

Steeler

Über Member
DSCF1894.JPG
DSCF1894.JPG

My now defunct Surly Cross Check. I never really liked it, couldn't get on with the handling and the colour was awful - sold the F&F off cheap to a guy who now runs it as a single speed.

zaza123

Here is a pic of my Chesini Arena. No idea what year it is from, but I acquired the frame a while back on Craigslist and built it up myself using modern components. It rides beautifully. I have the SRAM Apex set on it with an 11-32t rear cassette for full action speed or sit and spin mode.

View attachment 118050
That is a thing of beauty.

Why mount the back brake in such a position? Looks very odd indeed!

Otherwise I've found brakes just don't get low enough to grip the rim without the tyre. The ones on at the minute are Shimano long drop, 105 style brakes and they barely reach so I may ship them out for a pair of Tektro extra long drop if I can't get the rear one working again.
I'm always slightly undecided about it - from the back it looks pretty clean though, and slightly more streamlined.

cooldiscretion

Regular
That is a thing of beauty.

Thanks, zaza123! It is very nice to ride as well! I have a picture of the head tube as my profile pic. I really should ride it more then I do, but it's something I don't think I'll ever get rid of. Especially considering the girlfriend acquired the frame from someone on Craigslist for my birthday. Now I'm guaranteed to have it for life. :laugh:

Top Bottom