Show us your Swiss Army Knife.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm a bit bored so I thought I'd start a Fred. I know some of you like your gadgets n stuff, so lets have a butchers at your SAKs.

I have two, one for the bike ,which I've had for about 14 years and one for general use.

The bike knife has
  • knife with 13 implements, 23 "
  • 2.5" blade, stainless steel
  • chain rivet setter, 5mm allan wrench, adj pliers, wire crimper & cutter, spoke adjuster, 10mm hex key for nuts, slotted and Phillips screwdriver.
  • univ. wrench, cap lifter, wire stripper, can opener, toothpick, tweezers, cork screw, awl.
75241-0.jpg

The yellow one looks like this

Gear_Review_EvoGrip_S18_Yellow.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Well I never - I've not seen that Bike one before.

Although it is on the bike (because my pencil case is) the small keychain Lagouile I have is only for sharpening pencils - any extra functions are handled by a Topeak Hexus 16.

I will post a picture of my Swiss army knife later... I had it for my 21st birthday and I've owned it longer than I haven't owned it... Its a bit scratched, worn, blunt and the tin opener is a bit broken but as it was the last significant present bought for me by my dad..... After the family and bike it would be the next thing I rescued in the event of a disaster.....

It has a very useful pair of pliers and metal saw on it...

Last edited:
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I don't often use the bike knife, though I have used the chain tool once, and the tweezers came in useful yesterday to get the bit of flint out of my MTB tyre.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'm fairly sure (at least, prior to the changes in law that made them illegal*, because of the locking blade) one of the folk on YACF carried the Victorinox rescue tool - it has stuff like a seatbelt cutter, window hammer &c, as I recall. Further dredging my memory, I think said person was a trained EMT, so that probably made more sense than one of us carrying it!

(*to carry without good reason, as I understand it - I am not a Lawyer)

This thread has inspired me to actually get round to enquiring with Victorinox U.K about having my knifes tin opener and broken side replaced. Then serviced and sharpened...... not worried about the cost because @CarlP is paying as he started me thinking about it again....

Joking aside it will be interesting to see how much it would be if possible... It cost £45 in 1989, the equivalent model today is still only about £60 when I last looked. I would rather pay two thirds of that amount fixing mine rather than buying a new one.... and I wouldn't want all its battle scars removing.....

I'll wait and see what they say

Last edited:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Is that hook thing for getting boy scouts out of horse's hooves?

I believe that is its main function.:smile:

TBH I have often wondered just what exactly it is suppose to do, I believe it can be used as a hook for carrying parcels tied up with string using the knife body as a handle sort of thing.
I suppose it is just a hook that can be used to pull or lift anything you can get the hook bit engaged with.

Top Bottom