Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

choplee

A bit of a "before and after".... Having been busy buying the parts on eBay (not sure I'd do it that way again though :wacko: ), my first bike build is now complete. Although it's now staying warm and dry in doors as I'm too scared to take it out in this weather just in case it gets splashed :smile:
View attachment 38154 View attachment 38155

looking good Bluedog ...... i know what you mean about the fleabay build a friend tried and it worked out a nightmare for him ....

She's looking great ....i hope it's ok to pass comment on your bars and which ones are they /????
i have easton ergo bars that look very similar

choplee

IMG_3917.jpg

This is my Ti.. She was finished last year,but there has been some bumps in the road on the build and since this photo there has been some changes. I'll try and sort a new photo posted

choplee

the DA pedals are off my 1988 vitus 992 that i just sold and couldn't resist on keeping them ,but they still do the job until i get some new ones with the money from the vitus sale :thumbsup:

BlueDog

Veteran
looking good Bluedog ...... i know what you mean about the fleabay build a friend tried and it worked out a nightmare for him ....

She's looking great ....i hope it's ok to pass comment on your bars and which ones are they /????
i have easton ergo bars that look very similar

Hi choplee, thanks for that (and no, I've still not ridden it!). That's one of the great things about building your own bike: you never realise just how many different styles of components are available for different uses and looking on some of the previous posts here, I see you can get Titanium pedals! Hmm, time to surf I thinks.... Anyway, the bars on my bike are Ritchey Logic II which have "anatomical bend drops", which sounds very cool!

As for yours, well that is a truly fantastic looking bike and has to be my favourite so far :thumbsup: I look froward to seeing your new photo.

Oh and nice dog btw:smile:

choplee

Hi choplee, thanks for that (and no, I've still not ridden it!). That's one of the great things about building your own bike: you never realise just how many different styles of components are available for different uses and looking on some of the previous posts here, I see you can get Titanium pedals! Hmm, time to surf I thinks.... Anyway, the bars on my bike are Ritchey Logic II which have "anatomical bend drops", which sounds very cool!

As for yours, well that is a truly fantastic looking bike and has to be my favourite so far :thumbsup: I look froward to seeing your new photo.

Oh and nice dog btw:smile:

Cheers BlueDog.......Reggie is one of my pugs they are both nuts and funny as hell in their own ways ....lol

I do have a soft spot for the titanium and you must be itching to get out on her :bicycle:..... I'm using the easton ergo aero bars and they do feel comfortable ,but look a little odd to some ..... She is a lovely bike and trying to get used to her over my other road bike ...totally different beasts indeed .. The frame is an archon T1 and it is different to alot of Ti frames ...new old stock and lucky to find it..

I'll sort out some updated photo's when i can ..the roto crank does get binned not by choice ,but due to it's lack of stiffness :scratch:

choplee

That's a beautiful looking bike :wub: Any more detail on it?

Hi mosseracer....... i had massive problems with the rotor 3d+ .... we actually had 2 problems ,but didn't know until we solved the first ...
The down tube angle meant that i had to replace the clamp on FM with a braze on version and then get a clamp to braze convertor and buy a rotor kit ,so to move the FM back and down which would solve my first problem of chain rubbing in the extremes of gears ....
The second problem was noticed when you put the hammer down slightly and you got chain rub on both sides of the FM .... Long story short the Rotor 3d+ was flexing so much and alot more than a cheaper 105 chainset we tested on it to prove our point ..

i had a budget and had ultegra groupset(ish)and cheaper wheels to have the rotor 3d+ with aero q-rings ......

when all this happened the shop wasn't happy and see i was just saying put anything on it just to get it running right ,so he got his tech to stip the bike down put DA 9000 on it.. of course this made me happy :wahhey:and if i'm honest a few hundred quid more when i had it was all i had to pay .... She is running like clockwork now and i do have some not so great photo's on my flikr ....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/111174426@N07/11581136895/in/photostream/

stumpy66

Veteran
Lovely bike

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I was going to say that bike is crying out for Dura Ace but that's sorted now :thumbsup:

are those Aero forks?

I've got the Litespeed Icon frame which is the one below your one and it was good running Ultegra, but when i upped to Dura Ace
and sorted the wheels (DA C35s') and (handbuilt DA open pros- for winter) that the frame lived up to it's potential

enjoy

Top Bottom