Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
that's gorgeous @Jenkins
Nice to see you also went for the silver Chris King headset. Makes a really nice difference.

The more you clean the bike the more the marks left by the graphics will dissappear.
Ti seat post and stem next :thumbsup:

My Ventus (pictured up thread) is now 2 years old, has done over 7000 miles now and I still get a buzz when I ride it. It's like a new bike every ride.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
@ianrauk - it was seeing your with the removed graphics that put the idea in my head - I've left the ones on the seat tube, seat stays & chain stays as they're quite subtle. I really dislike overblown graphics & colours.

Ti seat post & stem may follow when my bank account has recovered, but at the moment I like the black framing the silver of the frame.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
@DaveW that looks really nice. I want a new bike but I really don't want to risk carbon. Have you ridden both frame materials? If so, how does it compare to glued soot?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
@DaveW that looks really nice. I want a new bike but I really don't want to risk carbon. Have you ridden both frame materials? If so, how does it compare to glued soot?
I have ridden both and ride of titanium is very hard to describe. Its smooth, soaks up road buzz, less fatigueing, but also quick and powerful when needed.......they are just stunning to ride. I like it so much im buying another one with disc brakes and selling my spesh tarmac :smile:

DaveW

Yes I've tested a few carbon bikes, had a Specialized Roubaix for a weekend as same geometry as my Secteur and was thinking about buying. Also borrowed a friends fully loaded £3k Trek carbon for a week. The Trek was bloody awful, rock hard and jittery. The Spesh was comfortable, very nice really but it just didn't grab me and felt a bit fragile. The Ti is like floating on air though, a different league in terms of comfort while still being light and responsive.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Thanks both! I have a nice titanium mountain bike, pictures of which I'll add to this thread, so I know about the material but not how that translates to the road. It is the shock and buzz absorbing qualities I am particularly interested in.

Much to consider. Thanks again.

Onyer

I also have a Spesh Roubaix, which is very comfortable. I rode LEJOG on it last year. I also bought a Ti bike as I wanted to go touring with panniers and I couldn't do that with the Roubaix. As said above the Ti is very smooth and a nice bike if you plan to be in the saddle all day. The Cannondale Synapse has a very good review and was the bike of the year for 2014. If I was in the market for another carbon bike I would look at those. At the end of the day it comes down to what you want to use the bike for. Bikes for sportives, e.g Spesh Roubaix, Trek Domane, etc have different geometries and riding characteristics to "racing" type bikes, e.g. Spesh Tarmac, Trek Madone etc.

My 2 (which I'm sure I've posted before but what the hell)

Travers Angus/Rudy Fat 29er+
15464800704_c0bed55b54_c.jpg

Jones 3d Spaceframe
16087114455_6492a28a5e_c.jpg

Both with Rohloff hubs

And coming in March the new 2nd generation Travers Fat Race Ti Fat Bike
Photo of the 1st generation model
14505550744_53dae619cf_c.jpg

dodgy

My Kinesis Tripster ATR, parked outside Eureka cyclists' cafe on its maiden voyage :smile: I put some 32mm Gatorskins on with 45mm SKS Longboard mudguards, what a delight it is to have ample clearance for whatever tyre I want to fit! Some final adjustment on the stay lengths required.

tripstereureka.jpg

Top Bottom