Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
Nope....its the new sram version which can be run on standard shimano free hubs
Whats that like on the road with the single cog up front. I was looking at the Marin gestalt 2 last night which has a similar setup which is why im asking.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Whats that like on the road with the single cog up front. I was looking at the Marin gestalt 2 last night which has a similar setup which is why im asking.
not a clue yet as ive only recently built it........i was commuting this year on a single 36t upfront and 11/32 rear and it was really good and a simple set-up

so i had the 40t ring custom built in lithuania as its a 104bcd and then purchased the rear 11/42 from wiggle

macp

Guru
not a clue yet as ive only recently built it........i was commuting this year on a single 36t upfront and 11/32 rear and it was really good and a simple set-up

so i had the 40t ring custom built in lithuania as its a 104bcd and then purchased the rear 11/42 from wiggle
Ah yes sorry you did say you hadnt ridden it yet. Would be interested to know what its like though.

Have intended to contribute for a while but have been prevaricating. Now with a new set of wheels, courtesy of fellow CC'er Spoked Wheels, the time feels right!

Enigma's new wheels 161017.JPG

Last edited:

stumpy66

Veteran
I can see it now, couldn't earlier

I've been running a single ring set up for a while on my non ti Planet X XLS(Hope 44t assymetric ring on Miche 110bcd cranks with XT mech and HG 11-34 cassette);it's been really good although I really need a tighter spread on the cassette as it's not that hilly round here.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I've been running a single ring set up for a while on my non ti Planet X XLS(Hope 44t assymetric ring on Miche 110bcd cranks with XT mech and HG 11-34 cassette);it's been really good although I really need a tighter spread on the cassette as it's not that hilly round here.
No way id run a 44 - 34 combo here in south wales. Legs would be in bits.

Having ridden it now i can honestly say its a great combo to ride, with super smooth gear changes through out the cassette. Theres also zero chainslap and the narrow wide upfront is really quiet. Will ride this combo on training rides through winter and then decide whether to go to a 42 or 44 upfront for the commute. I think that set-up with the wide range cassette could be golden even for club and social rides

Top Bottom