Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I have a hankering for one of these: No reason other than I love the way it looks.
55-02-053.jpg

Cubist

Still wavin'
Call me picky, but the overblown gaudy Rolex monstrosities of the 'slebs and drug dealers has kind of put me off. I like understated quality, so Omega fits the bill for me. Even then, I struggle to like the complexity of chronographs and divers' watches, and anyway I have a functional quartz diver from when I used to dive. Dad's Constellation is my everyday watch, it's a certified chronometer movement and is gold cap, so I not only feel a huge connection to it, but it's also a lovely watch. It needs servicing every so often, but I have it done at a local independent watchmaker every few years.

I've seen a couple of Breitlings I like and am considering one as a retirement present to myself.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a Seamaster Chronometer. Bought it about 15 years ago, it is now well used and a bit beaten up but still does what it is supposed to.
tmp_2729-DSC_0050-1942499675.JPG

Tin Pot

Guru
I have a Seamaster Chronometer. Bought it about 15 years ago, it is now well used and a bit beaten up but still does what it is supposed to.
View attachment 107158

Mmm. I still can't quite pull the trigger, the planet oceans appeal more but sit really proud. The classic seamaster sits a lot nicer but I'm not sure...

Do you get it regularly serviced? Is it a daily wearer?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Here are two of my vintage watches, a rolled gold Bulova President i'm not sure of it's age possibly 60's, and a 1940's Modina skeleton watch. View attachment 107227

If your Bulova is rolled gold i think it should have a hallmark on it, if it does that will have a date stamp, which you'll be able look up on the web. Also if it's been serviced at anytime watchmakers repairers often scratch on the inside of the plate or inside back of the case the date of when the work was done.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Mmm. I still can't quite pull the trigger, the planet oceans appeal more but sit really proud. The classic seamaster sits a lot nicer but I'm not sure...

Do you get it regularly serviced? Is it a daily wearer?
Had it serviced once. I have a couple of clients who are Jewellers including an Omega dealer and they said if it is keeping good time don't bother servicing it.
It is worn every day. The only thing I have had done is had the bracelet pins replaced last year as one had failed and I was advised to get the lot done.

It
If your Bulova is rolled gold i think it should have a hallmark on it, if it does that will have a date stamp, which you'll be able look up on the web. Also if it's been serviced at anytime watchmakers repairers often scratch on the inside of the plate or inside back of the case the date of when the work was done.
Thank you for your information, the watch is stamped on the back rolled gold, there is also a serial number. I did find a site on the web which said that you can find the date from that number but it has been a while now and I have forgotten it. I would have thought that having a sub second hand would date it to late 60's at the latest.

Top Bottom