Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Only a humble Seiko Kinetic, but it pulls the birds; check the great tit here
DSCN0058.JPG
!

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
[QUOTE 3992451, member: 9609"]how have you got t to do that ? the great tit
[/QUOTE]
It's all about providing a nutritious, readily available and exclusive food source when they need it most; live mealworms in May are irresistible, and the great tits were bolder than any other parents, so they ruled the roost, as it were. Just needed some patience getting them accustomed to my presence nearby when presenting food in a small pot, approaching closer while crouching down, before holding the pot, then dispensing with it and offering food in my hand on the wall from which they were used to feeding, then moving away from the wall. Eventually they were almost too confident; the male in particular took to disembowelling the mealworms and wiping the guts on my hand before flying off to feed his young 'uns. More pics on an old thread here.

PS Not a patch on your excellent pictures of truly wild creatures!

Definitely nothing fancy as a 'day to day' watch (can't wear one at work; NHS)
Timex Marathon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Timex-Ironm...46933322&sr=8-1&keywords=timex+watch+marathon

Pluses, for me;
- 24 hour display
- hourly chime ('beep')
- Stopwatch
- Seemingly very mud-proof
- twin time-zone (was handy when in Florida, back in 2012)
- Accurate, even after 5 years, still 'on the dot' for the Radio 4 pips, when checking time (analogue signal, not the delayed digital)
- Sub £20 purchase price, when bought

99937423_v_1423916742.jpg

I also have a Citizen(?) stainless steel watch, for smart occasions

Sharky

Guru
As I spent my youth in Prescot, I have a yearning to get a Prescot watch from the Lancashire watch company, now defunct. The watches have some reputation, but I've never been close to one.

Anybody got one, don't mean for sale, just to know what they are like.

gds58

Über Member
Everyone has the time on their phones, why bother with a watch? Unless it's expensive in which case it can be worn as a fashion accessory.

The watches in this thread look cheap and tacky.
Dick!

U

User19783

^^^^^^^^^^

This is just one of many G Shock watches I own,
Yes it's a cheap watch, but it tells me more than the time.
IMO it looks and feels great, and i am proud to show it off, ^_^
IMAG0079.jpg

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
20151120_093908.jpg
This is my everyday watch, a relic wet which I believe is a sister company to Fossil. Bought in America when I was 15, well worn and not particularly expensive but holds more sentimental value than some of my other watches which usually makes it my go to watch.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
^^^^^^^^^^

This is just one of many G Shock watches I own,
Yes it's a cheap watch, but it tells me more than the time.
IMO it looks and feels great, and i am proud to show it off, ^_^ View attachment 110546

Ah - the good old G7710. I wear mine every day and it is the best watch I have ever owned. It is very battered these days but has travelled the mountains of England, Scotland, Wales and the Swiss/French Alps. Light, accurate, indestructible and works at low temp's.

Absolutely faultless and a whole heap of very usable functions.

FWIW I have had Omega 'Moon Watch', 'James Bond' watch, Planet Ocean and Titanium Chrono (really nice light watch), Rolex GMT Master 2, Sea Dweller and Explorer 2 and Breitling Superocean, Blackbird, Avenger and B1 plus a few TAG's I can't remember the model designations of and this little Casio trumps the lot imo.

I also have a Casio GW2000 which is radio sync'ed nightly and is by far the most accurate watch I have ever owned and is solar powered to boot - for £160 it is a belter.

GW-2000B-1AJF.jpg

Top Bottom