Sirrus Carbon Comp Disc 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eagone

I have the Sirrus comp disc - not carbon though.
I brought mine on C2W at £950 and have loved every ride on it since November last year.
Its been a great bike to start to get back into cycling on, had no problems with it - apart from falling off (my fault).
Love it truthfully - although now considering to upgrade to a normal road bike rather than flat bars.

Dave7

Legendary Member
HI I am thinking of buying a sirrus carbon comp anybody own or have any experience with these bikes thanks

I to am looking seriously at this bike. I want it for mainly (75%??) road but I also want to do canal paths and some light forest trails which (I think) it should be able to handle with the wider tyres.
It certainly looks the part doesn't it?
I am also looking at the Merida Speeder 3000 which is in Carbon for 2015 @ RRP £1,400.00.
May also look at the Whyte carbon at similar price.
BIIIGG decisions :wacko:

Philh

Über Member
HI I am thinking of buying a sirrus carbon comp anybody own or have any experience with these bikes thanks
I have this very bike, bought it a few weeks ago. I got it on the C2W scheme and had different tyres and mudguards fitted by the dealer. I paid the difference over the £1k. It is specifically for canal paths/ light trails etc and it sees to cope very well with these. The tyres do slow it on the road slightly, it is still pretty quick.
I have only been out a couple of times, I have a road bike, and intend to use this as a main bike through the winter.
Very pleased with it so far.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have this very bike, bought it a few weeks ago. I got it on the C2W scheme and had different tyres and mudguards fitted by the dealer. I paid the difference over the £1k. It is specifically for canal paths/ light trails etc and it sees to cope very well with these. The tyres do slow it on the road slightly, it is still pretty quick.
I have only been out a couple of times, I have a road bike, and intend to use this as a main bike through the winter.
Very pleased with it so far.

Couple of questions (as I am seriously interested in one).
What tyres did you get.... size/make... and why not keep the standard ones?
Is it repsonsive e.g. compared to the bike BTW what is your road bike?
Have you been able to weigh it ?

Philh

Über Member
The tyres are Specialized Borough CX32 pro, fitted by the dealer. They are not as quick or nimble as road tyres but do seem to give good grip on muddy paths. I specifically wanted this bike for light trails and that's what tyres they gave me. I also got the Spec plug and play mudguards and I chnaged the saddle as the standard one was not good for me. My road bike is a Giant Defy 1 composite compact. Not weighed although it is light, about the same weight as my Giant.

Comparing the two there is quite a difference, the road bike feels lighter and is quicker although I put that down to the tyres. I wish I had gone the £200 more for the 105, this has Tiagra which are nowhere near as good as the Ultegra on my Giant. The Sirrus is very smooth and comfortable still quick and suits what I wanted it for.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The tyres are Specialized Borough CX32 pro, fitted by the dealer. They are not as quick or nimble as road tyres but do seem to give good grip on muddy paths. I specifically wanted this bike for light trails and that's what tyres they gave me. I also got the Spec plug and play mudguards and I chnaged the saddle as the standard one was not good for me. My road bike is a Giant Defy 1 composite compact. Not weighed although it is light, about the same weight as my Giant.

Comparing the two there is quite a difference, the road bike feels lighter and is quicker although I put that down to the tyres. I wish I had gone the £200 more for the 105, this has Tiagra which are nowhere near as good as the Ultegra on my Giant. The Sirrus is very smooth and comfortable still quick and suits what I wanted it for.

TBH I am now thinking of the "Expert" version which has 105s...........BUT it is not available until January.

You may have seen my other posts were I was mentioning the new Giant Comax and is only £1100.00 but...........
a) is Tiagra and
b) VERY limited stock........i.e. the nearest stockist which will have my size in January is 120 miles away.
So the Specialized is looking the more likely option.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Looks a nice bike, the Cube SL range looks better value for money though.

Following your post I looked them up and.......as you say...they look very nice and with 105s for less than £1000.00.
For some strange reason Cube have very few stockists in my area.......nearest are some 12 miles away. Spoke to both of these and they tell me the SL road bike range are not due in until Feb' 2015.
Not the end of the world as I am not much of a poor weather cyclist so am prepared to wait.
Thanks for the 'heads up'.

Top Bottom