Sky TdF team...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
... anyone care to speculate, just for fun?
Stannard is sadly out due to the Gent-Wevelgem accident.
Froome
Porte
Wiggins
Kennaugh
Kirylenko
Lopez
Siutsou
Knees
dunno...

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
... anyone care to speculate, just for fun?
Stannard is sadly out due to the Gent-Wevelgem accident.
Froome
Porte
Wiggins
Kennaugh
Kirylenko
Lopez
Siutsou
Knees
dunno...

surely both Thomas and Nieve will go?

RobNewcastle

Yep pretty sure Thomas and Nieve will go. Nieve is a solid climber and Lopez seems to be in better form this season too. Ironically Kennaugh and Porte have been nowhere from wise,I guess we'll get a better idea at the Dauphine. Assuming Porte and Kennaugh pick up I'm guessing:

Froome
Porte
Nieve
Lopez
Kennaugh
Wiggins
Thomas
Knees
(Plus one other for the flat - Eisel?)

Apart from the form of Kennnaugh and Porte something definitely went wrong last season. I think they need more experience back on the flat stages too, riders like Knees would help with that as would Wiggins.

I guess the team which is picked for Dauphine will give us some idea and will be make or break for a couple of riders.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
surely both Thomas and Nieve will go?
Definitely - brain damage caused by excess alcohol is my defence!
I'd like to see Bernie in the team as the wise head they lacked last year but I don't think he'll be selected.
They missed somebody like him (or Rogers) from Wiggins' squad.

thom

____
I think 2012 that Knees was there at Wiggins behest, Eisel at Cavs.
Froome picked others last year and might be inclined towards EBH again - he'll want people he has good personal relations with, particularly if Wiggins does go.

montage

God Almighty
Kennaugh was originally pencilled in for the Giro team - I think it is unlikely many / any from the Giro will start in Yorkshire, especially given the fatigue problems Sky suffered from last year.

Steve H

Large Member
EBH has had good form recently, so think he'll make it.

Also good to see Wiggo win the Tour of California t'other week. Makes it difficult to leave him out, which at least will give the journalists something to talk about on how well Wiggo serves as Froome's domestique, especially if he gets a time lead after a time trial.

400bhp

Guru
EBH has had good form recently, so think he'll make it.

Also good to see Wiggo win the Tour of California t'other week. Makes it difficult to leave him out, which at least will give the journalists something to talk about on how well Wiggo serves as Froome's domestique, especially if he gets a time lead after a time trial.

If he gets a lead after a TT he has won-there's only one, and it's on the penultimate stage.

But he won't win.

The Couch

Über Member
Giro commentary saying that their sources state the Henao will be back in action for the tour
Will they put someone in their team who hasn't ridden in months? (even though they obviously could use his climbing potential)
However, if he can still ride some races (e.g. Dauphine) that could be assessed/worked out

But even besides the lack of recent race experience, would Sky risk it to take a rider with a (how ir/relevant it may be, I leave up to everybody and the future to decide) slightly tainted reputation to the race that is looked at under the biggest loop?

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Will they put someone in their team who hasn't ridden in months? (even though they obviously could use his climbing potential)
However, if he can still ride some races (e.g. Dauphine) that could be assessed/worked out

But even besides the lack of recent race experience, would Sky risk it to take a rider with a (how ir/relevant it may be, I leave up to everybody and the future to decide) slightly tainted reputation to the race that is looked at under the biggest loop?
I'd imagine he's still saving and sending his power data in. So sky will know exactly how well he's going.

I also don't think the 'doping' will be an issue. Sky pulled him out, he hasn't been investigated by any anti doping.
Plus the questions will constantly be asked of froome anyway like last year and wiggo the year before.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Wiggins on form should be in, but given froomes book excerpts look like he deliberately attacked wiggins in 2012 as we wasn't made leader, coud open old wounds

Top Bottom