Sky TdF team...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Wiggins is reported as saying he's staying at Sky but won't ride in contention for a GT again. Targetting Paris Roubaix and the hour.
He said earlier this year he is riding vuelta, not a gc but free role to work on TT form

He said earlier this year he is riding vuelta, not a gc but free role to work on TT form
yeah, sorry, didn't mean to imply he wasn't.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Since he won the TdF Wiggins seems to have announced plans to do loads of things: Return to the track, do the hour, concentrate on classics, challenge for GTs, be a loyal domestique, ride BMX at the Olympics.

I'm not sure he's sure what he plans to do.

NB: Some of those I may have mis-remembered/made up.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
"Team Sky manager Brailsford however told The Guardian that nothing is signed yet. "He hasn't signed. We've met with his management company and we'll see where we're at. Nothing is signed," said Brailsford."

So it's only really another 'I might do this'

Link for that article...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-to-stay-at-team-sky-in-2015

I'm surprised at him staying at Sky. He clearly wanted to go to the tour so for them not to take him and then publicly state that Porte is ahead of him in the pecking order I thought would have been enough for him to throw his toys out of the pram.

I'm surprised he's staying with Sky, maybe pressure from the sponsors to keep him on as a big name rather than for expected results.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
he is set to ride the Vuelta a Espana to prepare for the world time trial championships.

"Er, Brad. You know you were planning to go to Spain. Well, Chris' hand has got better quicker than expected, so we were just thinking ... you don't really need to go on a tour to prepare for a TT do you?"

Va Va Froome

Über Member
Send both. :boxing::boxing:

Like those interviews he gave last year about leading the team for the Tour, this sounds like another of his wind ups. Brailsford deserves a sainthood for putting up with him for so long.

Top Bottom