Sky TdF team...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Let's face it, Wiggo is a one trick pony, he was only able to win in 2012 because of the unusually flat course and the dominance of the time trial stages. He was in the right place at the right time. Time for him and us to move on.

Who also dropped everyone but Froome on the major climbs. Nibali was being shelled off his wheel long before the summits

U

User169

Brailsford didn't pick Wiggo because Froome doesn't like him!....Simple.

No. He didn't get picked because Brailsford doesn't trust him.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Let's face it, Wiggo is a one trick pony, he was only able to win in 2012 because of the unusually flat course and the dominance of the time trial stages. He was in the right place at the right time. Time for him and us to move on.
fact is he won the tour that was in front of him, as mentioned above dropping nibali several times + 6' 19″ over the race, dont forget he was 4th in the 2009 tour de france behind contador (doper), schleck(his performances since then have been very poor so id put my neck on the line and suggest he doped with his brother) armstrong(doper). It's not like the route was drawn specifically for him.

fact is he won the tour that was in front of him, as mentioned above dropping nibali several times + 6' 19″ over the race, dont forget he was 4th in the 2009 tour de france behind contador (doper), schleck(his performances since then have been very poor so id put my neck on the line and suggest he doped with his brother) armstrong(doper). It's not like the route was drawn specifically for him.
Do you know what. Since he almost won it twice, losing to dopers, and would have won it once, but for a crash, and given the raised profile of team sky and what they were doing for the popularisation of the sport at the time it wouldn't surprise me if a course sympathetic to BW was set up in 2012. And more power to the organisers if they did.

Not true. Belkin took Ten Dam and Mollema. Lampre have Horner and Rui Costa. Degonkolb is plan B for Kittel. I'm sure Saxo would have taken Kreuziger if he'd been (*cough*) available. Quintana was plan B for Movistar last year.

But ignoring all that, the point is that Sky was the only team that left a healthy, keen to ride, in-form (British) genuine GC contender at home. In fact judging by Kennaugh's result in Austria, they left two.
Mollema, Costa and Horner have as much chance of winning as Porte has.

Hont

Guru
Mollema, Costa and Horner have as much chance of winning as Porte has.
To be fair nobody said they would. And I don't think anyone was seriously suggesting Porte (or Wiggins for that matter) would win either. A podium was talked about but no more. When Contador was left in the race, I think third was the limit of most GC riders' ambitions.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Since this tour now boils down to
1. Nibali is a worthy winner
2. Valverde will be a worth second
3. Sky are pants
I think I'll indulge myself by pointing out that
a) Froome looked brittle in the Dauphine (while Contador looked spookily at ease)
b) it was obvious in 2013 that Porte was no plan B (see also Shane
c) not picking Wiggins was a product of Froome's insecurity and Brailsford's hope, in the absence of anything like a plan, that, somehow, he, Froome, would pull off a solo victory.

Oh - the TdF coverage in France is pants. Indescribably pants. And getting a decent photograph can involve great personal sacrifice..
photo19_zps12cd52c9.jpg

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
3. Sky are pants
a) Froome looked brittle in the Dauphine (while Contador looked spookily at ease)
c) not picking Wiggins was a product of Froome's insecurity and Brailsford's hope, in the absence of anything like a plan, that, somehow, he, Froome, would pull off a solo victory.

Oh - the TdF coverage in France is pants. Indescribably pants. And getting a decent photograph can involve great personal sacrifice..
photo19_zps12cd52c9.jpg
"He might be in the gutter, but he's looking up at the stars"
I agree with your post entirely!

thom

____
3. Sky are pants

I agree with you about Nibali.
;-)

Top Bottom