Skyride BLACKPOOL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OK....anyone doing this - Tuesday 31st August - 7.00pm

Skyride Blackpool

Now Sky have adopted 'Ride the Lights' I'm sure it will be even better.

Our plan is to park up near the Notherern end of the town, have some lovely fish and chips, then pootle down the coastal path to Starr Gate for the event to start, then ride back to the car. Should be easier this year now we've got a tag along for my daughter.

Halfway stop for donuts and a drink..... :tongue:

Did it last year and the kids really enjoyed it. Invested in some cheap 'wheel valve' lights for the kids (multi coloured LED's) that look quite good....

DaveyB1981

Yep - I will be there! It's only up the road from me but i've never done it. Think I'm gonna take the bouncy bike for a spin :biggrin:

Dave

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I know a guy who works on the trams and I am vagule considering coming down to see him during.

But then again, the person I would be seeing was someone who I once described as being the most annoying person I have ever met, so maybe I should do it and THEN contact him!! :rolleyes:

DaveyB1981

Just got back from the ride. Really enjoyed it! Glad I took the MTB (with its disk brakes) with all the kamikaze cyclists! Was great to see our sport being enjoyed by so many.

Dave

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Really enjoyed it too. Weather was fab this year. Parked at Bispham, and sat on the grass at the kids play area on the front eating fish and chips at 5pm. set off for Starr Gate about 6 ish, then stopped for coffee and 'slushes' near the tower.

Carried on to the Sky Ride Centre and my son had a go on the Watt bikes - 90 odd watts...for a 9 year old. Daughter entered the colouring competition. Gatorade on offer again near the fun fair and at Gynn Square.

Saw a few small accidents, mainly kids. One roadie crashed into a BMX'er - roadie going too quick, and a BMX'er swerved in front of him. Saw some older teenagers (scallies) pushing each other into the road, caused a guy and his trailer to crash. The lad doing the pushing was very aggressive and didn't apologise - and got verbally layed into by a 'mum' on a bike. The 'cyclist' was hopping mad, but handled it well. Kids in trailer OK.

Other than that, very good, had a lovely evening. Very very busy. Had a few folk ask what was going on etc - all seemed to be enjoying it - many folks from hotels and pubs sat outside watching. Blackpool is a much nicer place mid week - nightmare on Fri/Sat evenings.....

Globalti

Legendary Member
When the Iranians get their first nuclear bomb, could we persuade them to test it on Blackpool? The IRA did Manchester a big favour with the bomb, in fact Manchester and the Irish companies who rebuilt the city did so well out of it that I sometimes speculate that Manchester colluded with the IRA to bomb the place!

Top Bottom