Small minded England...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bigtallfatbloke said:
..Yep I'd move in a mo if I could...but the sprog is enscounced in a dam good skool see and ...well he's staying there for the next 4 years anyway, so we'll stay here 'cos it's to dam convenient for the skool bus etc...etc...

Slightly OT - but what was the upshot about the student exchange with the German er 'alternative belief' family BigBloke? (Or do I need to be redirected to the appropriate info...;) )

barq

I'm in Ann Arbor, Michigan at the moment and earlier this evening I was talking to someone who commutes by bike. I explained the UK car driver aggression thing and she said "But why would anyone be in that much of a hurry?". That pretty much sums it up for me.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Slightly OT - but what was the upshot about the student exchange with the German er 'alternative belief' family BigBloke? (Or do I need to be redirected to the appropriate info

..hmm..good question. Well it's a sore point in the BTFB household right now. I objected, Frau did not. We asked the school for their views and they instantly told the parents of the JW kid that I had a problem with him being JW and the family withdrew from the exchange. So...now I am in the doghouse with little BTFB (as always) and seen as the cause of the problem. Currently he doesnt have an exchange partner and so stands to miss out on 2 months in Frankfurt because I expressed concern about the JW movement....it's pathetic really, but in todays PC topsy turvy world I suppose I should have realised that simple questioning a religious belief would see me once again becoming the evil monsterman...when in reality all I wanted was to protect my son, or infact just make sure that all would be cool and he didn't need to worry...oh well...maybe another student will step up for the exchange soon....just so long as they arnt muslim because then things would get complicated! ;):biggrin:(It's a joke !:biggrin:!)

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Continuing the OT part - as part of a school exchange the student that came to stay with me was the daughter of a German Presbyterian minister, not exactly the best kind of match for a smoking, drinking, religious iconography touting teenage Goth! ;)

We made her very welcome, and we both tried to get along, but I didn't see very much of her during her three week stay...

And yes, the school sounds as if they were a bit heavy handed.

Top Bottom