Smout on a bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fran143

Über Member
Hello and Welcome Smout.:hello:

Good to have you here, let me know what other Sportives you are doing and hopefully manage to catch up at one of them.:thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
wave.gif
Smout and a second (official)
wave.gif
to CC
icon_wink.gif

Glad you enjoyed the Sportive Kinross, despite the
rain.gif

Keep an eye out for a CC Ecosse Forum Ride, get a trailer/buggy thing - hitch the wean behind :bicycle: - and give the rest of us a chance to keep up with you
icon_smile_approve.gif

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
S

Smout

Thought I'd stick a wee update in here - been a bit quiet with illness an recovery an laziness an an event thrown in here an there!

My Edin to NB run was fine. Didn;t plan to run hard but felt harder than it should've. Still ran pretty much to plan with a 2:55 finish but a bit warm an headwind most of the way made it tough out there for quite a few of us!

Etape was great :smile: Really enjoyed it an very happy to have unexpectedly finished in 4:49 :smile: I did spend about 15 miles up to 'the' climb with 3 guys after following them for a bit but unable to keep with them I then clawed them back so the company was nice! 9:51 I think on the King of the Mountains climb an was surprised it wasn't longer between the timing mats. Pushed on up to the v top for a water refill, far too overjoyed at the sausage rolls :tongue: Grabbed a gel then quick pits stop before off again. Stopped again at the 66 ish stop an joined with a lovely lady as I left an she asked me the time when she spotted me looking at my watch. chatting with her really helped keep the pace up and prepare ourselves for that nasty wee bit later. It wasn't soooo bad but the uppy downy bits after I wasn;t prepared for LOL! All in all a fab weekend away :smile:

This weekend was an unexpected triathlon - well - unexpected in that I transferred in when a friend wanted to drop out due to injury last Sunday. It was the novice event at Stirling Uni on Sunday. After racing a 5 mile the night before (the original reason I didn;t ever plan on entering the tri) it was a bit of an ask of myself but I did anyway as there were friends going so it would be great to catch up :smile: A bit of a.... well... an 'interesting' swim but it seems I did well on the bike an on the run to finish in first place overall :ohmy:

I really enjoyed the bike leg - in fact I think the bike leg was better than the run leg :ohmy: Mate measured 9.3 miles which I completed in 30:36. It was kind of tough out into the wind for a bit an took a while before I caught up with anyone but once I did it seems like I passed loads. There were a couple of climbs but that also meant the downhill too which I was way more confident that I usually am. One guy I passed on the downhill passed me back on the flat then again an again so as I passed him for the 4th time I laughed an said it's like cat an mouse - he looked at me an I think kind of puffed maybe said yes or aye :s But he didn't pass me again. A speedier guy had gone by just before him the last time but I managed to get back by him an we passed smiles just in the last wee bit in the uni grounds before transition.

Me no long into the bike leg

Dunno what I'm doing next on the bike specifically but do have the Solstice Tri in a couple of weeks. It's further an the swim is scaring me :ohmy:

Top Bottom