Snakes, Cats and Bricks...Peak District July 18th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You will get up the hills ok then..

BRounsley

Über Member
Stick me down on the “Expressions of Interest” please.

I’ll look to do a similar thing, of cycling to Glossop then peeling off at Disley back into Manchester.

I’ll then plan to get the train back to Glossop for some post ride “Lucozade Port”.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As if an additional incentive were required for this ride.......................

I'm offering free Buxton mineral water for all participants. Well, actually what I've done is routed us via the spring in Buxton town centre where you can help yourself.

St_Anns_Well_1_-_Buxton.jpg
Very nice of the Derbyshire authorities to provide free drinking water for us thirsty cyclists! My mate used a roadside facility that he spotted as we turned off Woodhead on our recent Snake Pass sortie - located HERE.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Much as I'd love to ride I'm out -
I'm scheduled in for knee reconstruction on the 1st July, so that's my summer over :sad:

Should be back on the bike in the new year all being well.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Much as I'd love to ride I'm out -
I'm scheduled in for knee reconstruction on the 1st July, so that's my summer over :sad:

Should be back on the bike in the new year all being well.

You and Mrs Kes should come over for a quick pint after the ride so we can regale you with stories of an epic ride. Hope the knee surgery goes well

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Totally blatant bump of this ride.

Did the first 30 miles of the ride today and then took a shorter route back to Glossop. Happy with the route now. A mixture of classic climbs (Snake, Cat & Fiddle), great climbs only known to locals (Brickworks) and mile after mile of tiny little back roads (with their fair share of ups and downs)

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Seems that @Bazzer is out. Something about an altercation with a badger in Cheshire so GWS

We're currently at three for the ride so anyone else? There is someone strangely quiet about this ride who shall remain nameless. The only clue I'll give is "Blue Moon please"

BRounsley

Über Member
Shame. You’re welcome to head to my part of the work and we could do a quick blast around Cheshire lanes instead. The “Vanity Loop” is 3ish hours and we could stick a café stop in.

We talked about doing a night out in Manchester, could you fancy trying to do that on 18th now?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I’m confused

If you're not confused then you obviously haven't been paying attention.

1) You me and Martin were down for the ride following Bazzer's withdrawal due to badger altercation
2) I look at Martin's Strava page to see how fast he is as I'm worried about being too slow. Most recent ride "broken neck etc etc". I post on here and postpone ride
3) Potsy kindly points out I've got my years wrong and it was 2014, not 2015 (despite being Martin's most recent Strava post). I reinstate the ride

.............so it's as we were. You, me and @Martin Archer plus anyone else we can press gang into it

Top Bottom