Snetterton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Rode around Snetterton for charity last night with several club mates, it was a top event and I've posted to the charity section in full. First time I've ridden around a race track (on a bicycle) and it didn't disappoint!
We did around 50 miles in 2.5 hours.

image.jpg

Tractorboy

I did it there a few months ago for the EACH Nook Appeal. Was a fab event and look forward to doing it again. Who organised this one??

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
For people on the midlands, Castle Donnington open the race track a couple of times a year for cyclists, they charge a quid I think and you get a couple of hours. They also do the same for runners.

Spike on a bike

Über Member
Me too with my almost 70 year old mate

How many times did you lap us I wonder

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Me too with my almost 70 year old mate

How many times did you lap us I wonder
Ha ha yeah we were "trying" to go fast (in spurts!) it was harder than it looks with the head winds, didn't count my laps but I covered just over 50 miles in the 2.5 hours so around 17 laps I guess. Was good fun hey!

Globalti

Legendary Member
*name drop alert*

I've done the same at Kyalami. It's a bit hilly but at around 6000 ft above sea level the air is thinner and I'll swear you go a little faster, especially down the hills.

Spike on a bike

Über Member
Ha ha yeah we were "trying" to go fast (in spurts!) it was harder than it looks with the head winds, didn't count my laps but I covered just over 50 miles in the 2.5 hours so around 17 laps I guess. Was good fun hey!

Yeah I had a great time I think my dad In law said the track is 3.1 miles as he used to be on track maintanence until he retired

Forgot to zero my odo but did 57 miles including riding there n home according to run keeper but she's often a bit vague where miles are concerned

Like you said great well organised night and I think just over 4 grand raised

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
That's a pretty quick average speed isn't it. Guess it's easier on a track with mates!
19.7 mph average according to my strava, we kind of did a quick lap then a slow one etc etc plus trying to find our mates again when we got split up!
Four of us tried to work as a team to get a quick lap taking a turn up front, and that did turn out to be our quickest. I did try one fast TT lap on my own near the end of the night but I was knackered by then and slightly slower!
https://www.strava.com/activities/379525878

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Yeah I had a great time I think my dad In law said the track is 3.1 miles as he used to be on track maintanence until he retired

Forgot to zero my odo but did 57 miles including riding there n home according to run keeper but she's often a bit vague where miles are concerned

Like you said great well organised night and I think just over 4 grand raised
Good effort!

Top Bottom