So what sort of rides do folk want?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've got to say that I'm not a great fan of people saying "no one is left behind". If I really was a complete lightweight on any of these rides, I'd like to say "Its ok, I can make my own way from here" and not feel like its spoiling everyones day because they might spend hours worrying that really they shouldn't have left anyone behind.
Sure, that's always an option, at least for the "no rider left behind" rides I've been on. I have seen people who choose to turn back early because they're not feeling right (sometimes you just don't know until you start riding). What "no rider left behind" is really trying to convey is that no-one will be dropped - but it can't say "no drop" because some clubs use that to mean that they won't leave you while riding but may still tell you to leave at a rest stop :sad: (most of these can be spotted by phrases like "it is the responsibility of every rider to know the route" - so you can get home on your own :rolleyes:).

How much detail should we go into? For example, it's also an option if you just can't hack our relaxed pace (not warm enough clothes in winter, usually) to agree that you'll overtake the wayfinder and maybe meet us at the next planned stop or just ride off into the distance and see us another day. You're all free, to do what you want to do...</primal-scream>

If anyone has more ideas on how to convey that some rides don't mind if people are complete lightweights and won't spoil our day as long as you're friendly, I'd love to read them :smile:

Top Bottom