Social Rides in Hampshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Walton90

Hello!

Just moved to Basingstoke from London, and getting back into cycling. Tried a club ride, 40 miler with no stops....which almost killed me!

Looking for like minded people in the Hampshire area up for rides at a more leisurely pace; I'm on a touring bike with reasonable fitness, just not quite up to keeping up with guys in Lycra on Carbon fibre bikes!

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
I'm down in Liss and have been out on a few CTC rides with Portsmouth CTC who do rides at our sort of pace. If they're too far away there will be almost certainly be CTC clubs near you and those that I've read about will usually organise several types of rides at varying paces so there's bound to be something suitable.

kipster

Guru
Hello!

Just moved to Basingstoke from London, and getting back into cycling. Tried a club ride, 40 miler with no stops....which almost killed me!

Looking for like minded people in the Hampshire area up for rides at a more leisurely pace; I'm on a touring bike with reasonable fitness, just not quite up to keeping up with guys in Lycra on Carbon fibre bikes!

Which club did you ride with? I'm in Basingstoke and ride with the Oakley Pedalers, what sort of pace do you want to ride at?

The Pedalers foundation ride is generally about 40 miles at 14mph, it is the more social of the rides they do.

Edit, also spotted this community club that has just been set up Hatch Warren and Beggarwood cycle club https://www.facebook.com/groups/1476015042715709

Last edited:

ChrisHWB

Hello, Sorry I've only just come across this thread. I'm the Chairman of the Hatch Warren Beggarwood Cycling Club. Walton90 feel free to join us. We ride every weekend from St Marks School. The alternate between Saturdays 9:00am and Sunday 1:15pm. The week the ride is Sunday (17/01). We host 2 rides a 15 miles at circa 12mph (or slower) and a 25 mile at circa 15 mph.

Let me know via our facebook site if you fancy joining us.

Top Bottom