Some idiot last night...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
... at Heathrow T5, got off his flight from Munich (where he had earlier transferred from a flight from Kaliningrad after a week away), blearily went through the IRIS scanner, out through customs, met his driver and preceeded to fall asleep in the leather-clad comfort of a Merc hammering-up the M40.

All was well, home was approaching at 70 mph. A downpour ensued, I awoke around Beaconsfield to the sound of the rain and was glad I had my waterproof in my suitcase....

Bollocks... I'd completely forgotten my suitcase in my knackered state as I breezed through the airport. I frequently travel through T5 pulling my rollered briefcase which hold enough kit for an overnight stop, it's aoutopilot for me, so almost never think about suitcases :biggrin:

The lovely old boy driving the car, gave me the phone number for BAA and I called to find out the procedure. At T5, the staff were really great, helpful, polite and efficient and in next to no time I had my case. The driver called his boss who said the extra mileage was OK, it was up to the driver if he wanted to charge me for his time (£15/hour), which he said he didn't want to do, bless him, (on arrival I gave the driver £20 for his help).

Thank god there are people out there prepared to help idiots like me. I'll be sure to pass the Karma on.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Nice one

Globalti

Legendary Member
I fell asleep at Schipol once and missed my connection to Manchester. The KLM staff were not as charming but they did put me on the later flight.

Will1985

Über Member
Fab Foodie said:
At T5, the staff were really great, helpful, polite and efficient and in next to no time I had my case.
You should expect nothing less from T5 - after all, they have had a lot of practise in reuniting baggage with owner!

Top Bottom