Sort some lights out !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve keay

Über Member
at dusk tonight I was driving home from a day at Lowestoft with my parents. I couldn't believe how many cyclists had crap lights or missing lights. First was a guy on an expensive looking road bike at the end of a duel carriage way, it was pretty dark he was wearing dark clothes with no lights at all. Then I saw two separate road bikes with lights so dim they were useless. Finally we saw a bike coming the other way with a mega bright light on the front I said to the Mrs that he had the lights I'd want to have on an unlit main rd......... but when he passed I noticed he had no rear light. I'd feel nervous on main roads not properly lit.

U

User32269

I ride of a night in Liverpool. I carry spare lights as I really wouldn't feel too safe without any on.
Loads of people bombing about the main roads totaly unlit.
I have enough crap on roads even when highly visible...wouldn't be on a mission to make myself invisible.

I ride of a night in Liverpool. I carry spare lights as I really wouldn't feel too safe without any on.
Loads of people bombing about the main roads totaly unlit.
I have enough crap on roads even when highly visible...wouldn't be on a mission to make myself invisible.

Which really raises the question of whether there is any point

We have lot of anecdotes of cyclists without lights that have been fine and one highly visible and has problems.....

claudbutler

No reason for no lights this day and age they are so cheap and v bright

Tim Hall

I knew we had nothing in common
True.
IMGP7225.JPG

Top Bottom