Sorted: Old Nokia Handset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Presumably you have no SIM card, so is the idea to buy a pay as you go one?

If so, there are different sizes.

It is likely the phones you are being offered take the older, bigger type.

No problem, so long as you can get a new one to fit.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...%2Fwhat-type-of-sim-card-do-i-have%2F;321;266

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
[QUOTE 3569446, member: 9609"]Just bought one of these from Sainsburys last week £9 inc sim not only that they have an offer on where you get 10p per litre of your next fill - filled van + 25 litre can (82 litres all told) so a saving of £8.20, therefor phone cost 80p - these things make me happy ^_^
Phones been on standby for 12 days and battery still fully charged, my old phone was lasting less than a day on standby.[/QUOTE]

It is a great little phone. Got mine after my old Blackberry packed in and was so astounded by the battery life that I've never had an interest in going back to smartphones. Other half has an Iphone 6 & has to charge it every day. If she uses it too much, she's out of power before she gets home from work. Says she needs the internet on her phone though. I used to try and pick her up on this, but heck, ya know... :surrender:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
we have a contract sim and they have already said they will send a new one with the old number to us without issue. Virgin Media had a really good offer on, £7.99 per month for 1000 minutes and unlimited text messages. he doesn't use data so there was no need for any...

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Oooo
What's it battery life like please? Can it last on standby through a day? That's really our only requirement.

You'll get a month out a 3310 battery! Plus they are indestructible (I chucked one off a 13 storey building, causing a massive crater and damaging the foundations). Even the police use them.

nokia-3310-police.jpeg

Ganymede

Veteran
I'll bow out - mine is much cr*ppier than those mentioned and I haven't been able to test the battery as I can't find the charger! Looks like you have a bit of choice here already, good luck!

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
You'll get a month out a 3310 battery! Plus they are indestructible (I chucked one off a 13 storey building, causing a massive crater and damaging the foundations). Even the police use them.

nokia-3310-police.jpeg
I'm pretty certain it was a 3310 we have had from new for all these years!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If you dont get sorted i have a samsung wave y , runs on the bada OS and uses a micro usb to charge .It belonged to mrs ck but as she needs a hearing aid she ended up with a doro VERY LOUD ringtone thing .
Has a giff gaff sim in and she used a ee one so i assume its unlocked .
It is white , below is some info...........
spec_Wave_y.jpg

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
I just wanted to say a big thank you to @biggs682 who posted me 2 phones. Both have charged up and 1 is working brilliantly with our new sim card in it! It didn't even need unlocking. It had not been running for 36hrs and still reports a full battery. We'll run till it dies to allow it to calibrate itself but it seems we have a fully functioning phone.
So THANK YOU very much. It is very much appreciated.

And to everyone else who offered, thank you. SNSSO

Top Bottom