[SORTED, thanks] WTD - Road bike frame 54 cm, maybe 56 cm.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JMAG

Über Member
Having come off my bike this morning on our club ride, I'm looking for a new frame. I've been getting away with using a damaged Specialized Allez frame, but this morning's incident has made me question my judgement. It was only ever meant as a temporary bike to see if I got on with a road bike before then getting one on a cycle to work scheme, but that may still be months away.

Not much of a budget unfortunately as I probably need to replace my helmet too, which did it's job admirably and maybe the front wheel and one of the shifters.

This is my frame (before the off).

20150502_093740.jpg

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
:eek:

OP
OP
JMAG

JMAG

Über Member
Dude, you rode that?

Srsly?

Don't be silly. I repaired it first. :tongue:

20150711_155525[1].jpg

Unfortunately, I was unable to work most of 2014. I was left jobless when the company I worked for went into administration and I then had some health issues. I really couldn't afford the bike as it was, but I had no car and cycling helped with my health. Sometimes beggars can't be choosers my friend. :smile:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Don't be silly. I repaired it first. :tongue:

Unfortunately, I was unable to work most of 2014. I was left jobless when the company I worked for went into administration and I then had some health issues. I really couldn't afford the bike as it was, but I had no car and cycling helped with my health. Sometimes beggars can't be choosers my friend. :smile:

Saying nowt about that pal- the last line of your OP says here's a pic of the frame BEFORE the off

And then you show a pic of a tangled beaten up length of aluminium.

You would have been better off riding a shopping trolley if that was the case.

OP
OP
JMAG

JMAG

Über Member
Saying nowt about that pal- the last line of your OP says here's a pic of the frame BEFORE the off

And then you show a pic of a tangled beaten up length of aluminium.

You would have been better off riding a shopping trolley if that was the case.

Yes, I bought a bike with a damaged frame because it was all I could afford at the time. I had an old Raleigh Pioneer, but I was struggling to commute on it to a temp job so bought what I could. I didn't think of a shopping trolley unfortunately.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.

Top Bottom