FNRttC Southend on Sea Night Ride Thursday 24th March 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
The end of the long dark winter is in sight with signs of moonlight coming into view with the inaugural Friday Night Ride to Coast of 2016. Join those diverse Friday Night peeps with a genteel ride of about 60 miles to the seaside mecca which is known as Southend on Sea.

Though the FNRttC founder has decided to take a break don't worry the rides will continue to have the same ethos of Way Markers, TECs and Tail End Charlies. The only difference is the wearer of the infamous knee bandage.... and a few changes in how to register for rides.

Don't be fooled by turning up at Midnight on Good Friday as you will 24hrs too late. Instead head for Wellington's Arch on Hyde Park Corner for 11.30pm for a Midnight start on Maundy Thursday the 24th March so you can enjoy all the fun of spending a few hours of cycling pleasure as we head East through the East End of London before arriving in the land of The Only Way is Essex. We will stop briefly at the wonders known as the Junction 31 Services for some food and hot drinks. We will then head into the beautiful Essex Country side with the intention of arriving in Southend just before 8am to enjoy a well earned Greasy Spoon. Who knows we may come across Jamie and Jimmy as they head up Southend Pier.

You can request to join the ride by using the Web link below and completing the Registration Form.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14DJrvKT1tg8RMJHKRdHK2MRbA16-TkFuA0dSYm_vsCg/viewform

If you want to follow developments then please join the Fridays's Facebook page at https://facebook.com/groups/865520180194980?ref=bookmarks

Also visit the Fridays website to find the crucial pre ride reading 'The Basics' . Find out what rides and tours are planned for later in the year and read the latest news. The site also has the links and instructions on how to pay your Fridays Membership subscription which is still a very reasonable £2
http://fridaynightridetothecoast.bl...elcome-to-friday-night-ride-to-coast.html?m=1

Hopefully see you all soon

Last edited:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
i'm in.
and that form is dead easy to fill in.

rb58

Enigma
I'm in.

And folks.... don't forget the first SMRbtH of the year too...time to get reaquanted with the Ian roundabout at Pitsea... :wacko:
No service at Dartford Crossing between 0900 and 1030, so it's either a very leisurely breakfast, or Woolwich ferry.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Form done, will sort out the renewals for CTC and Fridays in plenty of time. Acts of Network Rail may put the kibosh on my attendance. Not for the first time, I am left wishing this ride was still on Good Friday night as it used to be....There's engineering work on the Southampton-London line on Monday to Thursday nights, bus service between Winchester and Basingstoke, and as you all know, that means no bike (I have the suspicion that includes folders, particularly with other luggage as well- if I do the ride I'll be staying Friday night in the smoke, Underworld gig at the Roundhouse so much easier to stay in town, in multiple senses). Riding to Basingstoke in time for a train would be impossible. I'd have to get the train up there, leave the bike at the station all day, and hope some lowlife doesn't nick it- though I would at least have enough time to make the connection if it was still there. If I finish work on time (9.30) I won't be able to get home and then make the last train up from Pompey (or make the necessary connections from the Southampton airport station to get on it either- 9.18). I will make enquiries at work...

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Mmmmaybeeeee ....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The theory is that riding on the thursday night gives people the rest of the weekend free, whereas riding on the friday night was a big interruption to the long weekend.
Indeed so. I appreciate that most people have much less bother getting to HPC than I do…

Top Bottom