FNRttC Southend on Sea Night Ride Thursday 24th March 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SandySnake

RainLegs were worn by several people on this ride, but there was also at least one person riding with a version that extended to the ankles covering the shins. These 'extended' versions don't appear on the popular websites that are offering RainLegs so wanted to know if they have a different name and if there is any experience/views on the merits of the extra coverage.

StuartG

slower but further
RainLegs were worn by several people on this ride
And at least one set carried but not worn. The drizzle was really insufficient to test their capabilities. IMHO there is no point in trying keeping rain off the legs if it is sufficiently warm and light for the legs to naturally burn it off. Thighs are generating plenty of heat to do so. Indeed covering may inhibit this process and be very clammy if you stop. Cold and torrential is quite another matter when caught short of a bus shelter.

YMMV

Last edited:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
a version that extended to the ankles covering the shins
In spite of being a Rainlegs fan, and I wear them to keep the big leg muscles warm even if it's not raining, I've never seen those described by @SandySnake but they sound interesting. Anyone else see them? I've not seen them in any of the pix riders took.

SandySnake

RainLegs were worn by several people on this ride, but there was also at least one person riding with a version that extended to the ankles covering the shins. These 'extended' versions don't appear on the popular websites that are offering RainLegs so wanted to know if they have a different name and if there is any experience/views on the merits of the extra coverage.

Asked around a few more friends, the alternatives are called rainmates-legs and from some online searching, it would seem that there is only one distributer that is based in the Netherlands.

Views: Rainmates v rain legs?

U

User10571

These? http://rainmates.nl/legs/legs_skirt
I was a happy RainLegs wearer, and I can't really see an advantage in these for me.
Hmmm...... I dunno....
*Strokes chin in an 'interested' kind of way*
My wardrobe is weird enough (don't ask, especially not about the cormorant outfit) that they might not look out of place.
I might have to enlist the help of my Dutch neighbour to navigate the website.
My Dutch extends to 'Dank u wel' and 'Shome shmokes anna beer, pleash'.

Top Bottom