FNRttC Southend on Sea Night Ride Thursday 24th March 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ciar

Veteran
I would love to do a ride like this, but ive not done that many miles at once in years even though i am a regular commuter, my question would be anyone heading from East London to join in and which bike would be best?

i have a ridgeback 2.0 built for commuting and my scott scale 29r mtb which i could put slicks on if needs be.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
@Ciar - agreed, your commuter will be fine. good lights are important plus batteries to last all night - look at The Basics on the website.
Also, you won't be riding it all in one go, there will be stops to regroup now and again. so you'll have lots of stops.

AlexB

Veteran
Trying to get the relevant permissions, but this is one of my favourite rides. Possibly because I grew up on the coast around there, so Hadleigh Castle was one of my favourite spots to hang out and morosely drink cider whilst staring moodily at Canvey Island.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
morosely drink cider whilst staring moodily at Canvey Island.
Isn't that what happens before the SMRBtH?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Route almost decided currently stands at about 65 miles of cycling via the Junction 31 Services before heading north to visit a certain windmill and then onwards to Southend.
Always good to take Stock. And I heartily approve of the extra mileage! :smile:

Top Bottom