FNRttC Southend on Sea Night Ride Thursday 24th March 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'll be going back into the centre, probably just at my own pace though (staying Friday night so more gear).

martint235

Dog on a bike
I was thinking of a huge fried breakfast and some beer then falling unconscious on the train home.
This would probably be frowned upon. However I'm hoping to get away with huge fried breakfast, SMRbtH, short snooze followed by lots of beer. It will probably also be frowned up but there will be less opportunity for me to fall off Lelly (or upset taxi drivers) this way.

I have signed up. Since I live a little more than a mile from the finish, it would be rude not to.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Are you sure? I thought it was Victoria - Clapham Junction that will be closed over Easter, and London Bridge will be open.
You are right and I am wrong. My incorrect post now deleted.
Yesterday I picked up a leaflet from South eastern and I swear it said Cannon Street, London Bridge, Waterloo East and Charing Cross would be shut. Now I look at its website and follow the link to the Thameslink programme and it says: "Work continues on the Thameslink Programme at London Bridge meaning there will be no trains from Cannon Street and no Southeastern services from London Bridge. Services will be diverted to Charing Cross, Victoria, Blackfriars or New Cross between Friday 25 and Sunday 27 March inclusive."
Now the National Rail Enquiries site gives me a plethora of trains out of Charing Cross southwards.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Apologies, that one had slipped my attention.
Forgivable, since South of London is so well served by trains that if one line is closed there are still several available.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
So plan A (stagger to Aldgate, change at Finchley road and then fall asleep until the end of the line) is out of the window. Plan B (the northern variation) involves going via Princes Risborough and Aylesbury, which is not an approved route. Plan C involves riding up a hill or two from Northwood or Beaconsfield or Berkahmsted. Plan D involves a Brompton, which isn't really fit to ride any distance at the moment (and I'm certainly not fit to ride a Brompton any distance). Plan E involves begging a lift.

Choices, choices.

Top Bottom