Specialized Roubaix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

007fair

Pictures of my new, very black Specialized Roubaix over on the blog

http://audaxing.word...-bike-is-black/

Vorsprung I had my eye on one of these for a CTW purchase next year
I would value your opinion

I know you can't make 1 bike do everything but do you think this bike would be a good choice / cope with the following requirements;

1. A fast (ish) bike to do sportive type events (nothing too serious ..will never get anywhere near winning them). Speed is good here but i'm an enthusiast thats all

2. long (ish) rides where comfort is required due to the length of ride in saddle and also poor road conditions. Again nothing like a 200 or 300 Audax but Maybe up to 100 miles / day

3. Light touring (ish!) Will it take a rack ? By touring I mean Credit card light for a few days - possibly a week at the most No camping

I have tried a Dawes Galaxy - nice bike but too heavy
I liked the look of the Boardman Carbon bikes but I think they would maybe be too race oriented I would like a bit of comfort

I have a Giant SCR2 at the moment

roubaix murry

Hi
New member, and found your pictures perusing the forum.
I have just ordered the same roubaix comp and collecting at end of the month (can't wait tbh)
Was just wondering how your getting on with it, anything I should know.
I am going to fit the same mudguards too (not copying honest!)
Cheers

Globalti

Legendary Member
FWIW, I rode my 2006/7 Roubaix over a section of road that had been cold-planed recently. I was quite amazed at the very clear feeling of the rear end springing and bouncing over the bumps, in 22 years of cycling I have never felt that. In evidence, I used to have Roubaix tyres on it, which are quite deep in profile. Even the current shallower 23mm Vittorias are close to the rear bridge but the Roubaix tyres have actually ground the underside of the bridge slightly where they have contacted it on big bumps, leaving bare carbon visible.

OP
OP
vorsprung

vorsprung

Veteran
can you post the pics here.
Cheers
imgp1142.jpg

r-rear.jpg

r-front.jpg

imgp1282.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
nice one cheers.
thumbsup.png

(Though it does take an age if you clik on the pics, them being so large an' all)

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Bump!

Could I ask what mudguards are fitted? And did you change the tyre to get them on?

OP
OP
vorsprung

vorsprung

Veteran
Bump!

Could I ask what mudguards are fitted? And did you change the tyre to get them on?

The mudguards are Crud Road Racers. They fit on the Roubaix with 25mm tyres (just- very tight). I used these for all my UK qualifers this year and they were pretty good. A bit did fall off during the last qualifier though. Bits always fall off all mudguards however. They are one of the most problematic part of a bike.

During Paris-Brest-Paris I ran 28mm tyres and no mudguards

imag0086.jpg

Top Bottom