Spring Classics 2016 discussion & commentary ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Some effort from Alaphilippe to set up Vakoc for the victory. I really good race, lots of attacking. I enjoyed that a lot.

It's a shame this wasn't included in the Pundit competition because Vakoc was my choice for victory today... that was a really good team and individual ride.

It's a shame this wasn't included in the Pundit competition because Vakoc was my choice for victory today... that was a really good team and individual ride.
Mine as well, as Mr Bet365 knows :smile:

edit - If anyone fancies running a pundit competition for any I have not listed then more than happy for that to happen :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Been having a look round the Sky service course this morning - they kept Stannard's Paris Roubaix bike in its post-ride state specially for us:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And then I took Viviani's (cleaned up) K8S for the 50km ride back to the hotel. Which is nice.
image.jpeg

Really nice to have the satellite shifters on the tops.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Looks just about the right size for me; you couldn't offer to take it away and clean it up a bit and then accidently post it to me instead could you? ;)

On my way home now, alas. I did suggest that since Viviani won't need his cobbles bike again this season it might be ok for me to keep hold of it a bit longer... They weren't having it.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Must have been great riding Viviani's bike - and 50k is a good enough distance to get the feel of and for it. :thumbsup: +
smiley_emoticons_thumbs2-up_new.gif

I'm not as supple as I used to be and when I saw the length of the stem and the drop from saddle to bars, I was a bit concerned but it was surprisingly comfortable.

There must have been something wrong with the bike though - I couldn't make it go as fast as he does...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
and when I saw the length of the stem and the drop from saddle to bars,
Yes, saw that in your pic of Stannard's bike and immediately thought "that's a very long stem" ! It's obviously to do with their body shapes but do they both have such long bodies/ arms and relatively shorter bodies ? :scratch:

Felline didnae even make out out of the neutral zone, here he is showing how much of a not good idea it is to stick your hands between the forks and wheel. Ouch.
CgO3hdTWwAAqDdz.jpg

Top Bottom