Spring in Rutland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Managed 62km yesterday at an average 22.2kph (including some off-road stretches - think Somerberg standard) but aggravated an uncomfortable swelling on my Bardney pontoon. A shorter ride of 36 km today went reasonably well, so adding the two together means I should be able to haul my sorry steatopygic carcase the distance, maybe with more out of the saddle than you've ever seen from me.

Whaddya mean, it doesn't work like that?

I'll take things easy tomorrow with a visit to the Radcliffe cycle jumble. No intention of buying anything, but you never know! See you on Sunday, bright and early.

13 rider

Guru
Confirmed the lure of cakes proves to much :hungry:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I won't be finished until about 03:00 so will likely still be knocking out the Zeds..
Enjoy the day folks.

Not much, bike fettling, just finished stripping out dr_pink's headset. Might get out for a bit shortly, the advantage of riding fixed is you don't need to go as far to get a decent workout especially in the hills around here.
I decided to be sensible today :wacko: After a ride this morning Ive been resting up my duff thumb before the Peterb 100 tomorrow; it looks like its still beautiful out there.

D

Deleted member 1258

Just about to leave Coventry, I'll see you at the station.

Poacher

Drat and double-drat. Front wheel flat - on car!! Just noticed as about to set off. Don't wait for us - I'm not a speedy mechanic when it comes to motors.

Poacher

Well, after some prolonged, er, discussion on whether to call out RAC, limp round to the nearest garage, or DIY, I persuaded SWMBO of my competence, and changed the wheel .Here's the culprit, a screw right through the tread.
DSCN0755.JPG

The spare is marked "Temporary use only; max 80 kph" and my chauffeuse doesn't trust it to get us to the plan B meeting point, so a trip to our friendly local garage is indicated to get the proper wheel repaired and refitted. No idea how soon they'll be able to do this, so I'll have to abandon thoughts of joining you part-way round.
See you at Owston next week, all being well.

Top Bottom