Start a team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peteoc

Hi All,

Myself and a few guys at work plus a few friends are wanting to do events as a team and do it all officially......kinda like a club but exclusive by invite only type of thing :smile:

How do I go being all official? I emailed British Cycling but it bounced back due to some crpa about BT's email servers and I'm far too lazy to send it via my own servers. Can someone help? :smile:

Pete

frank9755

Cyclist
I have read an article, which I think was by DellZeqq, on how to start a cycling club.
I can't remember where it was - it may have been on here or elsewhere. The critical bit I do remember is that you need insurance and the best way to get is to affiliate to either BC, CTC or possibly LCC. I think Simon's conclusion was that CTC was better value for money, but LCC may be even better (or perhaps less bad woudl be a better way to put it!)
Once you have affiliated, I think the rest is fairly straightforward and obvious. I think the other main pitfall is to order loads more kit than you need on your personal credit card!

Someone else will be along soon with more info I am sure

Good luck!

OP
OP
peteoc

peteoc

myself I'm just looking at taking part in time trials and sportives, while some other the guys are looking at races and MTB stuff. I may look at races once I'm a bit fitter :smile:

Top Bottom