starting from scratch after injury etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helmet tester

Hello

Havent ridden at all since last november after a very nasty ankle sprain which took months to recover. On top of that I got back into guitar playing big style and even before the injury cycling had to be sidelined - lots of practice, recording, gigging and just little time or energy left (married bloke with demanding full time job too).

admittedly its easy to make excuses and i know cycling does me the world of good. So i'm tentatively thinking of cycling again now that the demands of music have eased off a bit lately.

Main problem is my fitness is ZERO ! i put on a hell of a lot of weight..this wont stop me, but like most of us currently we're having to severely tighten our belts financially. .....nothing fits me any more (tops and jacket i mean - the shorts and longs are ok and the base layers will be ok)

thing is i just cant afford to replace my altura windproof/waterproof night vision with an XL or even XXL, AND winter jerseys are expensive.

I COULD possibly get away with the following ;

base layer
thin summer tops (loose MTB style - my preference)
fleece jacket (its a decent fleece, lightwieght, goes with an outdoor coat.
i have one of those rain ponchos from the new york tourist bus - would do if it pisses down.
3/4 length MTB stylel shorts - love them
long leg bib thing
arm and leg warmers
I know all too well how uncomfortable 'ordinary clothing' is, i used it when i started out before i got decent cycling gear and the diference is amazing.

so, from my list above i think i'll be ok to be getting started - what do you think? i'm not into tight lycra tops anyway and this stuff is all fairly comfy and breathable - do i just get on and 'make do' until i can get a proper winter jacket and jersey?

tried ALDI, all the bigger stuffs gone

thanks

OP
OP
helmet tester

helmet tester

and i have good gloves - summer and winter, and a headwarmer , so its just the issue of my big fat man tits and belly

oh and we got a dog 2 years ago so if everyone else is at work weekends and evenings it limits my free time ( i was going to get a basket for her to come with me but she got big)

Top Bottom