STAT!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It comes from the latin "statim" which means "immediately".

It's also common in medical use e.g. "Get me 10cc's of caffeine, stat!"
(Although I'm not sure caffeine is that common a medical demand!!)
 

Wolf04

Legendary Member
Location
Wallsend on Tyne
grhm said:
It comes from the latin "statim" which means "immediately".

It's also common in medical use e.g. "Get me 10cc's of caffeine, stat!"
(Although I'm not sure caffeine is that common a medical demand!!)

It is in this medical school!!! ;)
 
I suspect the medics might do - a lot of medical terms are derived from latin (or are actually latin).

I've always assumed it was common knowledge - same as knowing things like "i.e." stands for "id est" (which translates to "that is") - but then I'm odd (and getting odder each day ;)) and I did do latin GCSE (but it was over 15 years ago)
 
Top Bottom