Stolen Bike so close i could smell it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jumpinjamez

Hello,

Quick background had my bike stolen from Solihull last November

https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/stolen-bikes/genesis-cdf-2014/

I found it on Gumtree last week for sale in Shewsbury . I told the police who went round and the said the bike was gone and nothing they could do. No bike no evidence. ~X( ~X( ~X(

They have taken parts off but still have the pedals , tires and long valve inner tubes i put on.

Its so frustrating it is defo my bike and i have since also found they tried to sell it on ebay a few times and got negative rep because of the dent i put in it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genesis-C...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Has anyone had an experience like this or know what else i can do? Or if anyone lives in Shewsbury keep an eye out for it please.

JMAG

Über Member
Such a shame you missed it when it first went on ebay. I hope you manage to track it down as it is still legally your bike. Unfortunately, whoever is in possession of it if/when you find it will lose out for whatever they paid for it. The sad thing is that proving who stole it in the first instance will be difficult.

I had a full carbon bike taken out off the house a few years ago ..
two weeks later it turned up on fleabay frame only I rang and told the police they said they would get there ebay team onto it
one day later the frame was withdrawn from sale . I got a call from the police asking had I tried to contact the seller (which I hadn't)
They told me they would trace the sellers calls as there was a contact number on the add ..
I haven t heard anything to this day !!
Total waste .. I should of dealt with it myself

I hope you get better luck

OP
OP
jumpinjamez

jumpinjamez

The fact they tried to sell it on Gumtree last week and the ad disappeared after the police went round tells me they have not sold it yet. I wonder how much the police did . I just image
Police " Do you have this stolen bike?"
Seller" no it went to a random this morning, I didn't know it was stolen"(the bike is in the shed)
Police " OK thanks see ya "
Seller" thank you ( thinks to self dump bike in canal)".

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Might be worth just arranging to buy it back , turn up in mates car and taking it for a very long test ride , assuming you have original proof of purchase /frame numbers etc what can they do call the plod ?
EDIT
i assume the current seller is the tea leaf , if not assuming you have all the above and can prove the bikes yours ....

classic33

Leg End Member
I got to actually touch one of mine, some three months after it was stolen. Alarm sounded & the person sent his son into the house to get the shotgun.

OP
OP
jumpinjamez

jumpinjamez

This gets better or worse turns out the ebayer returned it as it had been missold but when the police went to the sellers address they said they left it with a neighbour and it was stole from them and neighbour backs this up. I have all the proof in the world but the cops can't do anything without a bike.Closet I got is a PIC sent to me from the seller with GPS data and everything but supposedly it's been stolen again.

classic33

Leg End Member
This gets better or worse turns out the ebayer returned it as it had been missold but when the police went to the sellers address they said they left it with a neighbour and it was stole from them and neighbour backs this up. I have all the proof in the world but the cops can't do anything without a bike.Closet I got is a PIC sent to me from the seller with GPS data and everything but supposedly it's been stolen again.
Get someone else to buy/bid on it in your place and you turn to view it.

Bike is showing as the buyer having to claim back. Check feedback

Link to stolen bikes isn't working

Last edited:
OP
OP
jumpinjamez

jumpinjamez

But where did the original e Bay seller get it from?

The story about it being stolen again is bxxlocks.

Defo its probably in shed nearby but cops can't say it was a stolen bike without checking the frame number.

I would love to know how they got it it was stolen 60 miles away in November 2014

classic33

Leg End Member
Defo its probably in shed nearby but cops can't say it was a stolen bike without checking the frame number.

I would love to know how they got it it was stolen 60 miles away in November 2014
On of mine did the trip to Anglesey, from West Yorkshire. Via South Yorkshire, Manchester & Colwyn Bay, to its last recorded position just outside the port of Holyhead.
It wasn't a bike either, but a trike.

Top Bottom