Stolen Bike so close i could smell it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
How did you track it and did you get it back.

Is the stolen bike link still not working for you ?
Tracker fitted into the frame, and aside from the one time I saw it in the flesh, so to speak, I've not seen it since.

Impossible to get the police involved. Even when they could see where it was.

Tracker similar to what is fitted to some motorbikes.

broady

Veteran
If you ever see your stolen item on eBay. Just buy it, pay with PayPal and then get eBay involved to get a full refund and inform the police if you would like them to pursue it.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I found it on Gumtree last week for sale in Shrewsbury

It's Minsterley, which is a few miles west of Shrewsbury - not far from me ! I regularly scan the bike ads in the local Shropshire Star and and would certainly remember if a Genesis came up for sale.

OP
OP
jumpinjamez

jumpinjamez

It's Minsterley, which is a few miles west of Shrewsbury - not far from me ! I regularly scan the bike ads in the local Shropshire Star and and would certainly remember if a Genesis came up for sale.
Not sure what your point is ? It was for sale on Gumtree, preloved and Facebook Shropshire for sale groups but got pulled when the police went round as it was allegedly stolen , just wish I could contact the eBay users who brought it and then took it back . eBay won't give out that info and police aintvbotheres any more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-17-22-32-58.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-17-22-32-58.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 82

classic33

Leg End Member
Not sure what your point is ? It was for sale on Gumtree, preloved and Facebook Shropshire for sale groups but got pulled when the police went round as it was allegedly stolen , just wish I could contact the eBay users who brought it and then took it back . eBay won't give out that info and police aintvbotheres any more.
Send them a message through ebay!

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Not sure what your point is ?

There isn't one, other than to keep an eye out for your bike - either for sale in the local newspapers or (if very lucky) perhaps I might see at the local cycling cafe - which is very popular. I've never seen a Genesis around here, so I'd take note if I did see one. These thieving scumbags need to be dealt with; I've heard tales in the cycling cafe, of riders of expensive bikes being followed home, after which the bike is stolen. Many years ago, I had four bikes taken from a locked shed, I reckon that whoever had your bike has most likely taken quite a few more.

I mentioned Minsterley, 'cos in the link that you provided {see below} that's where it mentioned the bike was last for sale - Oak Drive, Minsterley. Minsterley is not a part of Shrewsbury {though it has a Shrewsbury postcode} - it's a good 10 miles outside Shrewsbury - pretty much in between Shrewsbury and Welshpool - it's a very rural area. Minsterley is very close to Wales - I wouldn't be surprised if the bike is now in Powys.

https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/stolen-bikes/genesis-cdf-2014/

Last edited:

mossj88

I think I've replied to this on reddit as well.. Next time it's for sale get in touch with me directly (john@stolen-bikes.co.uk) for some more personal advice but the advice given here is on the right lines..

The police have had there chance so next time it goes up for sale buy it (might want to create a new eBay account to do it, so not to share address). Then once you have the address for the bike to be collected, phone the nearest police station and say your going round at X and ask if they will come to keep the peace (try and hint that your bringing the heavies but don't out right say you are).

P.S Classic what was wrong with the link (if you can remember)?

OP
OP
jumpinjamez

jumpinjamez

Send them a message through ebay!
It does not tell you who won it and I have emailed then and they say they can only tell the cops who are no longer interested.

Thanks pubrunner for keeping a look out , the dent in the top tube really gives it away and makes it hard to shift so I still have hopes of seeing bit again.
Thanks mossj88 will do if I see it again it was ur site which found it on preloved for me .

classic33

Leg End Member
It does not tell you who won it and I have emailed then and they say they can only tell the cops who are no longer interested.

Thanks pubrunner for keeping a look out , the dent in the top tube really gives it away and makes it hard to shift so I still have hopes of seeing bit again.
Thanks mossj88 will do if I see it again it was ur site which found it on preloved for me .
Its not been won though. Its been returned for a second time.

Top Bottom