Stolen Bikes - Clumber Park, Worksop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigelt

Hi,

Just want to make everyone on here aware that our two mountain bikes were taken from the Caravan site at Clumber park on 10/10/10. They were 'securely' fastened with a cable lock, to our motorhome, which was cut during the night, while we were asleep in the van!

There's obviously a 'professional' gang of local scroates in the area so take care. If you go to clumber park, expect your bikes to be stolen!

Anyway, they are 1. Kona Conder Kone 2007 18" frame, orange and black forks. 2. Ridgeback Mountain Sport 2000 in blue and silver 23" frame - supplied by Henry Burton of Stafford. See attached pictures - we would love to get them back. If you see or are offered these in the Nottinghamshire area, please call Nottinghanshire police on 03003009999.

Thanks and good luck

Regards

N

Stolen Bikes.jpg
Ridgeback Mountain Sport.jpg
Kona Cinder Cone.jpg

e-rider

crappy member
well, nobody deserves to have their bikes stolen so I do feel for you, however, 'secure' and 'cable lock' in the same sentence! Get a quality D-lock!

well, nobody deserves to have their bikes stolen so I do feel for you, however, 'secure' and 'cable lock' in the same sentence! Get a quality D-lock!
:sad: A bit late for the quality D-lock now Me thinks but I fully agree Why people spend good money on bikes then scrimp on a lock that can be cut beats Me Anyway sorry to hear of the loss of your two mountain bikes living in Worksop as I do We know most of the bad lads/scrotes who pinch bikes & they keep well away from us because they know they will get a good kicking if they steal from us plus they are far too lazy to come out all the way into Clumber to do it Most likely the work of Out of Towners If you pm Me the frame numbers I will keep My eyes peeled for you but I think by now they will be in large bits sold for parts Regarding Notts Police totally useless & not fit for purpose thats why they are rated the worst Police Force in England/Wales :angry: regards The Flier

peter markos

My bike got stolen, it was a D-lock, the police say they can see on the CCTV camera just a man walking up to it and clipping the bike lock, this was in a busy town in broad daylight. Its no good just saying "ohh you should have had a lock" sometimes the locks not good enough. What I have learnt from this situation is to use my good bike, my road bike as a means of keeping fit and commuting to my friends house and so on. When I'm going to town I use my bike which when I tried to sell a few weeks ago it failed to fetch £20, that way what ever clippers someone has the chances are they wont try and take my bike

e-rider

crappy member
My bike got stolen, it was a D-lock, the police say they can see on the CCTV camera just a man walking up to it and clipping the bike lock, this was in a busy town in broad daylight. Its no good just saying "ohh you should have had a lock" sometimes the locks not good enough. What I have learnt from this situation is to use my good bike, my road bike as a means of keeping fit and commuting to my friends house and so on. When I'm going to town I use my bike which when I tried to sell a few weeks ago it failed to fetch £20, that way what ever clippers someone has the chances are they wont try and take my bike
yes, use an old bike for trips to town - that is common sense. There is a big difference between the quality of D-locks - some of the cheaper ones are complete rubbish too. However, no lock is safe and even the very best only offer a couple of minutes protection to someone with the correct tools - I would never dream of leaving my best bikes locked in a public place but I see many mid-priced bikes locked in the city centre; and often with very cheap locks!

classic33

Leg End Member
Has anyone got experience of those GPS/SIM Trackers that are being advertised now ?
Only tracker I used enable me to track my Pashley Classic 33, taken from Hartshead Services(EastBound)via South Yorkshire & Manchester, to an industrial estate just outside the Port of Holyhead. Getting the police involved was another matter altogether.
There was a thread on here about them. Anyone any idea?

Top Bottom