Stolen Fratello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Old Street, London.
Sometime between 13:00 and 15:30 today.
Dk. Grey with red bar tape. Shimano 105. Rack. Raceblades. Smallish size - the owner is 5'5".
Belongs to my good friend, Alaina, not of this parish but has been on a few forum rides.
Any news please get in touch with me.

J

So, I had given up on this, as it was so long ago.
And as things pass, the in-sewer-ants have coughed and Alaina has, for a while now, been riding a shiny replacement bike.
For reasons still not really clear to me, out of the blue, on the morning of April 13th I went to www.bikeshd.co.uk, typed in the word 'Fratello' and the first thing which it threw up was a link to the e-bay sale of Alaina's bike!
I put in a call to Sgt.Titus Halliwell from the Cycle Task Force, took instruction in what to do next, and duly did as I was told. (There's a first)

To cut a long story short, yesterday morning Alaina collected her recovered Fratello from the police, in Southwark, where she lives
The Frat had been on holiday in Greece in the interim, and the police had gone to the trouble of recovering the bike from somewhere in Oxfordshire and returning it to London.
The point of this post?
Just to say a massive big up to all those at the Cycle Task Force who made this happen.
Peeps, if you are unfortunate enough to have your bike nicked – be aware that there are folk out there who are doing their damnedest to get it back to you.

Folk who are modest enough to say “It’s what I’m paid to do”.
Chapeau!

Oh, and I’m told registering on Immobilise deserves a mention.

Happy days :thumbsup: . Your link is a dead 'un though :sad:

well done User10571.

Nice story.

Top Bottom