Stolen from Denton Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Malky

2001 Kona Pha Hoe Hoe.
Silver Frame, 18 " Black Hope Hubs Hope closed 2 disk brakes, XliteRed square section with Xlite Ice grey bars, Red Chris King Headset. Has a No Step sticker on ChainStay.
I have pics but don't know how to upload on here, advise on that please.
This bike is much customised. Cost around £1300 at the time.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That's terrible news but don't give up hope. My younger brother had his Kona stolen from Dukinfield in the late 90's and it turned up a couple of months later being ridden past my house in Ashton. I apprehended the rider and called the cops and after a short wait we got his bike back :dance:

To post pictures as a new member it is best to use a picture hosting site like Photobucket then you can simply copy and paste the IMG link to display the image in your posts.

Pictures will be very handy as I ride through Denton morning and night when I am commuting by bike so will gladly keep my eyes peeled if I know what I'm looking for.

OP
OP
M

Malky

library
Thanks for your support with this. I have set on Photobucket, but as far as I can tell I cant get these links to work, you can try them and let me know.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
library
Thanks for your support with this. I have set on Photobucket, but as far as I can tell I cant get these links to work, you can try them and let me know.
They work. #6 and #7 seem to lead to the same place - lots of detailed pics of chain rings etc?
I've taken the liberty of copying the main pic from your first link, to save folks having to open photobucket.
malky1422's bike.jpg

Looks like a nice bike - hope you get it back!

OP
OP
M

Malky

Thanks so much for your help with this guys. The more these pics are spread around the better, do what you like with them, no worries about copyright from me.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Phew, that's a relief. I followed a badly ridden bike that may have fitted this description through Denton on the way home tonight. It was satin silver MTB, totally de-stickered, front mech rubbing the chain loudly and ridden so shoddily it just must have been stolen. I got a reasonable look at the frame and the top tube and down tube joined into one at the head tube and had a curve into the bottom headset race. Definitely not the OP's bike.

sittingbull

Veteran
Maybe worth checking the auction sites in the coming weeks as the weather improves?
They're great bikes, I've had one for a few years now and have never seen another.
Mine's standard (and "no" I wasn't in Denton last night ;)).
Fingers crossed, it's got to be somewhere.

Top Bottom