Stolen from outside hospital in Margate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
the old boy needs to get a better lock next time
and if Thorn offer a replacement bike, it would completely change my opinion of them (which as it stands is quite low)

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
the old boy needs to get a better lock next time
and if Thorn offer a replacement bike, it would completely change my opinion of them (which as it stands is quite low)

I dont think we have any idea what lock it was or how it was taken. Having said that, the bike is over 30 years old. You wouldnt think it would come high on the bikeknappers list.

The old guy has done pretty well keeping it safe all thatt time.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I dont think we have any idea what lock it was or how it was taken. Having said that, the bike is over 30 years old. You wouldnt think it would come high on the bikeknappers list.

It was a 14 / 30 year old Thorn with a BMW badge tacked on the front being ridden in Thanet, if it had a Kryptonite New York on it I will personally buy him another bike.
I'd imagine the thieves have been too busy nicking unlocked/barely locked student bikes but spotted it as an opportunity while at the hospital for something else.

They don't even have to be that clever to take the lock with them, the one who did it with mine in Greenwich was known to police (apparently) and fully caught on CCTV during the theft. The bike was never recovered of course.

Last edited:

e-rider

crappy member

the report said the bike was 14 years old and was locked with a 'chain' - this suggests a cheap chain lock, but even the more expensive and heavy chain locks are easy to cut, but as the guy cycles miles each day I'd think it was a cheap lightweight chain lock so no surprise it got nicked being left overnight with such a lock - still doesn't excuse the thieving bastards though.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
if Thorn offer a replacement bike, it would completely change my opinion of them (which as it stands is quite low)

What happened?

Did you ask them to fit a belt drive?

Or perhaps you wanted handlebars that weren't stuck on the end of a broomstick.

Top Bottom