Stolen in Ashford Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Had my brand new Specialized Roubaix Elite stolen last night/ this morning,

Frame number WSBC615011799J

Stolen out of my garage last night, possibly had been spotted and specifically targeted as they left a Specialized Secteur Elite, a high end WethePeople BMX, expensive golf clubs scooters etc.

Has a bunch of accessories on it including Cateye Micro computer, Look KEO Classic pedals, Specialized bottle cage, Topeak Pump, Specialized Saddle bag (with spare tube, levers, and multitool in it). Along with Specialized Helmet and Wiretap gloves (next to the bike)

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 95

Simontm

Veteran
Ach, bad bad luck. :sad:

Hope you get it back.

young Ed

Veteran
crikey, i leave just 15 or so miles from ashford!
have you contacted police?
keep an eye open on ebay, gumtree etc for both complete bike and frame, wheels etc desperately. if you find it for sale go and 'view it' with a couple of big metes and thoroughly check frame/bike over and check frame number etc to ensure it really is yours
might be better to have a mate check it out and not show your self as if it is targeted thief may have seen you and recognise your face and will know exactly what you are doing
lastly, have a mate with phone in hand ready to call police whilst you or other mates keep thief busy
Cheers Ed

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you get the chance, and you find him. Get your mates to go round and do the totally 'wrong' thing and kick the crap out of him and warn him to keep away.

Its far more just and far more effective than the courts.

BRounsley

Über Member
My bikes were stolen last year from a metal bike shed down the side of the house.

The thief’s came back a couple of weeks later, reopened the bike shed, looking for the replacements. Fortunately it was empty. It’s a common practice.

I’ve read thief’s love Specialized (and other common bikes) as they are difficult for the owner to spot them on ebay etc. I can vouch for this myself as one of my bikes was a Boardman Hybrid and you get Boardman blindness after a while looking on line.

My stolen road bike surfaced months later, in bits, on ebay. So my advice is to regularly check for months and look the components, not just the whole bike.

Best of luck in finding it.

BRounsley

Über Member
If you get the chance, and you find him. Get your mates to go round and do the totally 'wrong' thing and kick the crap out of him and warn him to keep away.

Its far more just and far more effective than the courts.

I had a similar thought but it turns out the ebay seller bought it in good faith for £600.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Thanks all! I have now sealed the garage doors from the inside with a couple of bolts for that very reason! Now the only way in is through the house for that very reason! Police were helpful but honest, not exactly top of the pops for them, but that's understandable, unfortunately nowhere suitable to get forensics involved apparently.

Have phoned a few bike shops locally but none are the type you'd take a bike to if you were trying to flog it. Also set up lots of notifications for keywords being advertised online. Its brand new 2015 bike and giant sized 61cm so there's not actually many of them in the UK yet so if it crops up (the frame at least) will be easy to spot.

The Mrs is also feeling guilty as she always used to let me keep my new bikes in the house for the first year but in this house we have a nice double garage attached to the house so she made me put it out there... The replacement will be in my bedroom, she may be in a camp bed in the garage.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks all! I have now sealed the garage doors from the inside with a couple of bolts for that very reason! Now the only way in is through the house for that very reason! Police were helpful but honest, not exactly top of the pops for them, but that's understandable, unfortunately nowhere suitable to get forensics involved apparently.

Have phoned a few bike shops locally but none are the type you'd take a bike to if you were trying to flog it. Also set up lots of notifications for keywords being advertised online. Its brand new 2015 bike and giant sized 61cm so there's not actually many of them in the UK yet so if it crops up (the frame at least) will be easy to spot.

The Mrs is also feeling guilty as she always used to let me keep my new bikes in the house for the first year but in this house we have a nice double garage attached to the house so she made me put it out there... The replacement will be in my bedroom, she may be in a camp bed in the garage.
Saves on the cost of the alarm. :whistle:

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
is she a decent model, is she at risk of getting nicked? :tongue: sorry!

was it insured for theft?
Cheers Ed

Ummmm, She's got a few miles on the clock, but still cracking frame! very likely to be stolen, but she'd probably get returned after a short while... Crazy South African temperament. :ohmy:

Covered up to £2,500 on home insurance - No receipt for the helmet or gloves so they'll probably not replace those.

Top Bottom