Stolen road bike Carrera Cortina WB in Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Most of the police in most of the country are absolutely reliable. Do trust them. From what you say whoever in the police you dealt with might already "know" this person - and not necessarily in an appropriate way. If my suspicions are right that's very very rare. We have incredibly low corruption in public life.

Mrs W once got a stolen bike back after I saw it at a supermarket. I had previously given a terrible description to the police - even down to the wrong colour. But the police cycle person was willing to take the stolen bike back to the station to see if anyone else claimed it. It sounds as if Merseyside police aren't so trusting - but if you write down the serial number and use a UV indelible pen to mark your valuables in some unique way you'll get a much better experience if (heaven help you) you suffer another theft.

e-rider

crappy member
this is a very sad story - sorry Ausra!

Have you tried contacting the person you bought the bike from? Maybe they still have the frame number and original receipt.

oh dear what a terrible story and outcome!
cry3.gif

I really feel for you.
Couldnt you get any details of how the bike got to end up in Police's auction? If found they must have had records of where / when.... it must be so hard to take that in, unfortunately I learned that justice does not mean fair!

Hope you forget and heal soon from this bad experience and put all your positiveness in your new bike, I m from Sittingbourne as well if you want to go for a ride together :thumbsup:

redcard

Veteran
I understand you. I'm just ****ing bloody immigrant (whom is only useful for making money for UK economics) and nothing else. And I even dared to had a bike in UK. Kill me, kill me.

If it was so important why could you not have paid for the bike yourself?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Possibly because it would feel uncomfortable buying your own bike back off someone you had reported to the police in a potential case of theft. Would make me a bit reticent.........

redcard

Veteran
Possibly because it would feel uncomfortable buying your own bike back off someone you had reported to the police in a potential case of theft. Would make me a bit reticent.........

Whereas asking a stranger on the internet to spend their own money to buy your stolen bike makes more sense.

redcard

Veteran
If I say "I'll send you £300 and then you'll buy the bike" - 99% of you will agree with this :biggrin:
Anyway, somebody has difficulties with reading.

Only problem with that is that's not what you said earlier: "If yes - could somebody buy it and send me your bank account details (I will send you all money you paid immediately)".

So not quite the same as what you're saying now, and not once did you offer to send money first.

Not that I want to drag this out into an argument, just pointing out your 'difficulties with reading' :smile:

Top Bottom